Thread: Battlegroup Maximus

Default Battlegroup Maximus

Quite fond of my latest living room display!

Battlegroup Maximus
    "We're here"
    A roving team of Autobots delivering peace across the galaxy. The battlegroup was formed in response to Decepticon aggression in the outer rim. It has so far successfully liberated 9 planets and defended 4 Autobot outposts from Decepticon attack.

The Vanguard
    "We lead the way"
    This combiner team is the front line of the battlegroup. Whether its engaging a Decepticon force head on or providing relief to innocents caught in the crossfire, these guys are always in the heat of the moment. In their combined form they are durable enough to engage almost any adversary. Outside of combat their wide range of skills and abilities make them the best support crew for Fort Max.

The Zealot
    "None shall enter the holy fortress without first paying tribute to my blade"
    Arguably a one-bot battlegroup in himself, the Zealot has unimaginable strike capabilities. He has, however, devoted his sword and shield to Fortress Maximus and acts as it's personal bodyguard. Cerebros and Saber like to play Transformers: Risk on weekends.

The Scout
    "This is Bumblebee to Battlegroup Maximus, can you read me?"
    The speedy scout is ideal for reconnaissance and is an expert infiltrator. His efforts are instrumental in coordinating the actions of the battlegroup once it has made planetfall. While he doesn't have a great deal of firepower his speed allows him to outflank the enemy and hit them where they're weakest.

The Security
    "Need a hand?"
    A bot with a tremendous power to weight ratio, this guy's job is to lay the smack down on anyone or anything that comes close to Fort Max and keep it down. His strength and durability is also useful for battlefield evac and getting Fort Max's foot unstuck from mud. He is also a reservist for the Vanguard combiner team.

The Striker
    "Cover me while I take out those cannons"
    His range, speed and firepower make him ideal for taking out planetary defenses before the Battlegroup lands. His flight capabilities also make him the best dogfighter in the battlegroup which is essential when going up against often airborne Decepticons.

The Diplomat
    "Oh my, is it my time again?"
    Although uncharacteristic for a battlegroup; not all conflicts need to be resolved by combat. The diplomat's natural charm and sense of style can often help unravel natives from the web of Decepticon lies that has been spun around them. Though if diplomacy fails, his flight capability and firepower make him a formidable (though somewhat reluctant) warrior.

The Sniper
    "Cross my spark and hope to die, shoot a Con right through the eye"
    Sitting safely atop the lofty arms of Fort Max the Sniper can hit a target from miles away. Her duties are to disable enemies from afar as well as provide anti-aircraft fire. Her light frame and natural athleticism means she can quickly take any position on Fort Max to get that better shot.

The Spotter
    "Grawk!"
    Often perched on the Master Sword; the spotter's job is to paint targets with precision lasers for Fort Max's artillery fire or the Sniper's guided missiles. His small size means that he is often ignored in the heat of battle and can fly freely but he also does not possess much in the way of endurance or firepower. A bit ncouth: he enjoys taking a leak on the Zealot whenever he can get away with it.

The Fortress
    "Battlegroup Maximus: roll out!"
    The star-trekking mobile base of operations, heavy artillery, master strategist and ultimate muscle: Fort Max is a force to be reckoned with. He can go anwhere, establish a stronghold at a moment's notice and just the sight of him will send most enemies fleeing. However without the support of his compatriots he would fallen into ruin and been taken apart long ago.

Nice characterisations for your chosen display. Logical and full of story potential if you wanted to do a Lost light style photo comic (hint hint )

Rook appears to be doing some undercover security in the main pic!

nice work!

Artistic & awesome! Great work dude!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Great display, great pics, and great write-ups.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose