Thread: FIRST REVIEW: Q Transformers QTC-01 "Hello Kitty"

Default FIRST REVIEW: Q Transformers QTC-01 "Hello Kitty"

This is QTC-01 Hello Kitty. It is a remold/redeco of QT-18 Convoy (G1 Anime version?)It is a new mold which bears heavy resemblance to QT18 Convoy, but I am a fool and I didn't know this until just now. It is part of a pretty adorable series, Q-Transformers. You're probably familiar with it, but I'm not sure a lot of westerners like it? I think it's great. I think THIS one is real great because it has a lot of nice touches/personality. I also think it's nice to have something pretty cute amid a sea of predominantly boy's/adolescent toys about guns, murder, convoluted social dynamics and energy scarcity.

Hello Kitty is, as you know, the big Sanrio mascot. There are Hello Kitty cafe's in NSW and Adelaide. My best friend got married last year and got their wedding cake from the Hello Kitty cafe and, look, I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to cakes. This cake was REALLY NICE! On top of that they replaced the bridal-wear Hello Kitty and Dear Daniel (the boy) with money-cat themed Hello Kitty/Dear Daniel.

Hello Kitty turns in to a truck with an incredibly simple transformation. Head slides up, barn doors close, arms fold up, legs fold in. Ta-da! She is a truck. Little bit of trivia and also a question- There was a debate over whether Hello Kitty was, in fact, a cat. Officially this was met this objection- Hello Kitty is a girl, and she lives in England. Why the look? Sanrio clarified this, I think- Hello Kitty is a cat, but she is a girl, and she has the same dreams any other girl might have.

The question I posit now, though, is whether she is also a truck, and if she has the dreams of trucks? This toy raises many questions.

An issue here comes with Hello Kitty's transformation- her arms pop off pretty easily! Luckily it's easy enough to put them back on.

Have there ever been cuter tech specs? The important thing here is that you'll never need to ask her weight ever again.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Real cute. Thought I'd broken it. As a special bonus it also has ROBOT POINTS but they are very obscure and very cute. I won't spoil what makes them so special, though.

Grab this if you want to add something a bit less intense to your collection. This would also make a nice gift for someone.

Four and a half apples out of Five.
    Last edited by Ploughmans Lunch; 11th January 2016 at 05:31 PM.

Mine is still in transit, but I got the Halloween version last year, and that's when I found out that it is actually a new mould - it isn't a reuse or reworking of the Gen1 Optimus/Convoy Q-Transformers toy... which is really weird. I mean, why have it look like Optimus in truck mode but then never release it as Optimus, but instead, keep releasing it with different heads for all the Crossover QTs that have since come out after this Hello Kitty one.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Mine is still in transit, but I got the Halloween version last year, and that's when I found out that it is actually a new mould - it isn't a reuse or reworking of the Gen1 Optimus/Convoy Q-Transformers toy... which is really weird. I mean, why have it look like Optimus in truck mode but then never release it as Optimus, but instead, keep releasing it with different heads for all the Crossover QTs that have since come out after this Hello Kitty one.
    I suppose it needs a different body for the type of head it has. The head on this guy is soft plastic, like a chew-toy, and I'm guessing snoopy/others are in the same boat.

I can understand them making a new mold, having it look like optimus (iconic, etc), but not using it for him. It kinda reminds me of the disney label mickey mouse toy.

Also glad someone else out there is keen on this.

I got a QT Snoopy for a friend, and yeah - the head shape probably wouldn't work for a regular-Convoy remold. Especially if you were going to use it for various other characters with different head-shapes.

I've got to admit, while it's not totally my style it was a pretty neat little novelty toy. I'm going to get the My Melody version for another coworker who's something of a My Melody otaku.