Thread: Toy Review - Masterpiece Thundercracker MP-11T

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Toy Review - Masterpiece Thundercracker MP-11T

Series - Masterpiece
    Sub-line - none
    Size/class - n/a
    New/remould/redeco - remould
    Wave - n/a (MP-11T)
    Released here - NA (released in Japan End Nov 2015)
    Approximate Retail Price - 17,000yen (about AU$210)
    Approximate Size -
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - F15 Jet.
    Main Features/Gimmicks - None, reduced accessories.
    Main Colours - Light blue towards toon accuracy.
    Main Accessories - attached arm gun, hologram pilot.
    Last edited by drifand; 21st January 2016 at 11:46 AM.

Voted only if.

Several things to note is this piece is very nice in terms of colours, and even though is blue plastic, "it works" in this case. However I had bad QC problems with my first one with rudder tip broken off and the tip was not in the package.

This seeker is by far my favourite but the cost of buying one is a bit high. Is an estimate of $250-300 to get one delivered if you couldn't buy one from Premium collectables at affordable $185.

Take note even at $185, there isn't any rockets or a stand or a cape. The plus side is that this colour is impressive among other mp-11 seekers. I think Takara's Skywarp or Sunstorm are good painted ones as well just that I wasn't a fan of SW.

Is a shame Starscream had bad grey plastic finish which actually spoiled the look of it in plane mode. One thing to also note, the silver intakes of TC is painted and not using plastic moulded colour like acid storm.

The QC for this piece has been bad, apart from my broken rudder tip, one member had claimed that he could not transform his to fighter mode without removing the head which I have not yet had the chance to transform mine yet.

I gotten this piece cheap so is an "only if" for me.
    I did speculate that this piece will be release again by Hasbro but they may release Skywarp first. None of this are confirmed and is just pure speculation.

If you haven't got a Thundercracker, I would choose this piece over the old Hasbro one, as they are more or less priced about the same.
    Last edited by drifand; 21st January 2016 at 11:48 AM.

Only if (choose any one)

You don't have a previous Thundercracker
    You are aiming to collect cartoon-accurate Masterpieces
    You have money to burn and want to collect all the seeker molds
    You find one on the cheap

I love the colour and the mold. But at close to $300 there was no way I was going to buy another TCracker given I had already bought the original TT TCracker, then sold it to buy the TRU TCracker. However one man's misfortune is another man's opportunity and I picked up Drifand's 'broken' TCracker at a bargain price.

More pictures here
    http://imgur.com/a/ygqJd

It's nice to have the set even if it's a bit pricey of the three however he's my least favorite where the other two seekers have a better color pallet Thundercracker has too much blue on him. My TC doesn't have any major problems with him but the insignia's are not only wrong way up but tilted I just wish they made all 3 to match Starsceam.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevac View Post

More pictures here
    http://imgur.com/a/ygqJd

It's nice to have the set even if it's a bit pricey of the three however he's my least favorite where the other two seekers have a better color pallet Thundercracker has too much blue on him. My TC doesn't have any major problems with him but the insignia's are not only wrong way up but tilted I just wish they made all 3 to match Starsceam.
    Inconsistency of TT. I read that Skywarp intake rockets were not painted, I think that's sloppy as well. Starscream is the worst due to the plastic look

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I recently got this guy from PC and I think he is worth buying, I wasn't a fan of the original hasbro MP11 Thundercracker but think this guy is spot on. The colour is great as is the detailing, I prefer the black nose cone even though its not cartoon accurate. The different logos to MP11 Starscream was my only annoyance.

I only gave him a quick look over before he had to go into storage but QC seems good on mine, however it does have a lot of sprue marks which is disappointing. Seems very tight though, tighter than my second run HA Starscream but not by much as that was the beginning of the improved MP11 mould I believe. The original is really floppy I have heard. I don't have MP11 SW unfortunately to compare with that version.

One thing that bugs me is that they don't bother to make a difference in removing the rocket mounts since there are no rockets.