View Poll Results: COmbiner Wars Trailbreaker - worth getting?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • He looks awesome! Hells yeah!

3 30.00%
  • Only if cheap

3 30.00%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

2 20.00%
  • Shield me from this horrible figure!

2 20.00%

Thread: Toy Review - CW Trailbreaker

Default Toy Review - CW Trailbreaker

Trailbreaker
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – Redeco of, well, lots of’em
    Wave – Wave 2, 2016
    Released here - not yet
    Approximate Retail Price - $28
    Approximate Size – 16cm
    Allegiance – Autobot
    Alt-mode – Sports Utility
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Can combine with others to form Sky Reign, comes with comic book
    Main Colours – Black, Red
    Main Accessories – Axe, hand/foot,

Robot Mode
    Actually – surprisingly good! For me the Generations version had the front of the vehicle facing too far forward instead of downward for him to be truly Trailbreaker’esque. The flat chest and stomach actually seem to suit the figure well. Another bonus is his rounded blaster hand – this is something I never noticed in any of the pics I saw online so was a very pleasant surprise and helps give him his own feel. A shame they put it on the right hand instead of the left as in the cartoon it was always the left but you can overlook it. Good poseability, great colours, excellent head sculpt.

Vehicle Mode
    A case where using the hand/foot attachment actually seems to serve some purpose. It acts like a removable cab over the ute tray to give him much more of a G1 feel. This is ruined if you look at him from behind with the thumb sticking out and all but from the front and sides it really works. They also got the stripes just right on the sides of the vehicle.

Transformation

It’s Combiner Wars – you kids all know what to do by now.

Overall
    I’m going to renege on what I said in my review of CW Smokescreen – this is now my fav deluxe from the current wave. Maybe in some respects not as good as Generations Trailcutter (with the silver-holey thing behind the head) but in some respects actually better which is kinda a shock when you compare the CW & Generations lines overall. Also much better than the Universe and Beast Hunters versions. I heartily recommend this figure

I'm personally not interested in any of these "retconned Gestalts," but that new head sculpt looks gorgeously G1 toon accurate. And kudos to Hasbro for getting the TrailBREAKER name back! I'm happy enough w/ my Trailcutter, and while this toy doesn't interest me, I am appreciative of the effort that they've put behind it. This is a far cry from all the fairly meaningless repaints that we would've gotten just a few years ago. I'd rather see CW Ironhide and Trailbreaker in stores over say "Swamp Battle Off-Road," or "Going to the Shops Off-Road," or "Off-Road with a New Hat" etc.).

We all know that redecos are important to Transformers, and I'm mighty glad to see Hasbro putting more thought into their redecos. And I'm seeing these kind of toys actually sell in my local stores -- much better than all those random repaints that Hasbro churned out that were just pegwarmed for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    We all know that redecos are important to Transformers, and I'm mighty glad to see Hasbro putting more thought into their redecos. And I'm seeing these kind of toys actually sell in my local stores -- much better than all those random repaints that Hasbro churned out that were just pegwarmed for ages.
    Oh yeah I remember how people were originally complaining about how the CW toyline is all redecoes and retools, but it's better than previous toyline where the redecoes and retools were of the same character
    Thankfully we didn't get 10 different bumblebees, although now I do wanna see a bumblebee combiner where ever component is Bumblebee.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Oh yeah I remember how people were originally complaining about how the CW toyline is all redecoes and retools, but it's better than previous toyline where the redecoes and retools were of the same character
    Thankfully we didn't get 10 different bumblebees, although now I do wanna see a bumblebee combiner where ever component is Bumblebee.
    Hell yes!!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]