Thread: What's your ideal Transformer (fan-made)?

FatalityPitt Guest

Default What's your ideal Transformer (fan-made)?

A bit of a fun thread; If you could design a new Transformer who is your own original character, what would it be?

I'll start off just to give an example.. (don't feel pressured to mimic this structure, anything goes)

My fantasy Transformer/OG would look like this;
    - Faction: Decepticon (I like cold colours like blue, purple, etc)
    - Character-type: A big fierce-looking Warrior
    - Alt-mode(s): Drill-tank (I like 1980's Sci-Fi alt-modes, and the drill-tank is a classic)
    - Size Class: Voyager (it's a good size, especially for tanks)
    - Colour Scheme: Black, Purple and Gold
    - Special features / gimmicks: 2x Targetmaster partners - one that becomes a gun, and another that turns into a melee weapon - like a spiked club (This way the Transformer will have companions that turn into wicked accessories)
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 8th May 2017 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Added "character-type"

- Faction: Maximal
    - Character-type: Utterly fearless but clumsy
    - Alt-mode(s): Bantam Rooster
    - Size Class: Legends
    - Colour Scheme: White with red and yellow highlights
    - Special features/gimmicks: Missile launcher with a trigger that can be drawn and locked/loaded prior to firing (i.e. the weapon can be cocked)

- Faction: Autobot
    - Character-type: Hero archetype, not a spy or double agent or ex-Con
    - Alt-mode(s): Ordinary bus
    - Size Class: Deluxe
    - Colour Scheme: Purple
    - Special features/gimmicks: He's a freakin' purple Autobot with a mundane alt mode

- Faction: Any
    - Character-type: Espionage
    - Alt-mode(s): Ordinary sedan (e.g. Toyota Corolla etc.)
    - Colour Scheme: Common car colour (e.g. silver, blue, red)
    - Special features/gimmicks: He's not a sports, race or muscle car!

- Faction: Any
    - Character-type: Saboteur
    - Alt-mode(s): Taxi sedan (can be redeco of above TF)
    - Colour Scheme: Common taxi colours (yellow, white, silver, red)
    - Special features/gimmicks: He's a taxi that's not a sports or muscle car!

- Faction: Rung
    - Character-type: Psychologist
    - Alt-mode(s): Indeterminable
    - Colour Scheme: Orange, white
    - Special features/gimmicks: Missile launcher (makes the toy marketable) transforms into segway (for the fans). Titan Master head unit = Froid.

Here's some we prepared earlier.
    I still like most of them, though James Roberts worked enough of his usual magic on Drift that Driftotron could use an update. Using Chakra (as opposed to Chokon) Power maybe.

- Faction: Human aligned Autobot (Powermaster)
    - Character-type: A Samuari Warrior who loves speed
    - Alt-mode(s): Nissan V35 GTR
    - Colour Scheme: Blue & Silver
    - Special features / gimmicks: Due to a unexpected glitch during the powermaster process, speed has been increased 10x and gained the ability to fire/wield electricity in both forms.

Not very original I know Just think of it as a hybrid of Alternity Optimus Prime (Convoy), Generations Drift & CW Bluestreak
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

- Character-type: Hero archetype, not a spy or double agent or ex-Con
    - Alt-mode(s): Ordinary bus
    - Colour Scheme: Purple
    - Special features/gimmicks: He's a freakin' purple Autobot with a mundane alt mode
    Something like this? Just kidding

Would be funny but interesting if Hasbro one day decides to do a line of Transformers where all the characters had mundane, everyday alt-modes; like buses, taxis, TVs, etc. As well as simple functions/occupations like accountants, teacher, waiter, etc.

Here's another one;
    - Faction: Deception
    - Character-type: Call Centre Employee
    - Alt-mode: A telephone
    - Size Class: Leader Class (turns into a realistic-sized desk phone)
    - Colour scheme: grey and white
    - Special features / gimmicks: Electronic sounds that say "your call is important to me." and "This survey will only take 20 minutes".

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Here's some we prepared earlier.
    I still like most of them, though James Roberts worked enough of his usual magic on Drift that Driftotron could use an update. Using Chakra (as opposed to Chokon) Power maybe.
    Ah shoot, I didn't know such a thread already existed. I might've tried to breath life back into that one..

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    Not very original I know Just think of it as a hybrid of Alternity Optimus Prime (Convoy), Generations Drift & CW Bluestreak
    No worries, mine wasn't very original either. I just like the idea of a purple drill-tank. Unlike mine, yours has a personality

I honestly don't know - like many fans, I have a stack of OCs and un-named designs sitting around. Something with a truckload of altmodes, probably - I've always been a fan of multiple modes which look at least reasonably coherent. Maybe a prettied-up version of this?:

There's still a lot of polishing and kibble to go, and I should really finalize his (not pictured) sabretooth and robot modes (and maybe change the gun and train modes to something which doesn't suck, or just drop them).

Alternately, there's Footfall - a Fort Max clone with triplechanging head, combiner motorbike/velociraptor drones, and a new spaceship mode. Or an updated Landcross using something like Powerlinx connectors. Or a design I have for a nonhumanoid triplechanger (spider tank, rocket plane, turbosnake).