Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TFAn Review Ep7 (Spoilers)

If we consistantly continue to see episodes such as this, I would likely change my mind about Animated. However for me so far it has been a bit of a roller coaster ride with episodes following this sequence when it comes to story quality: 'meh' - 'good' - 'crap' - 'barely ok' - 'awesome'.
    ________
    Volcano review
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 01:55 PM.

Wonder if there will be a Lockdown figure... any gossip, tidbits you guys hear about this one? he lloks like a frankenstein of sorts in botmode too, like it btw, as he adds other bots "parts" to him for customization. That can be better explored by Hasbro as a "gimmick" for this specific toy. Give him extra ports to attach power up parts, weapons.. even minicons ( yeah yeah, lower your pitchforks please no need to slam the table).
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

There most definitly will be a Lockdown figure. Pics have already been shown:

http://toysrevil.blogspot.com/2007/1...-lockdown.html

His alt look doesn't look too stylized either and his Bot mode may be a bit but its far from kiddy looking so it does look like a worthwhile figure to get.
    ________
    DODGE RAM RUMBLE BEE
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Wonder if there will be a Lockdown figure... any gossip, tidbits you guys hear about this one?
    I believed there is... I can't remember where I posted it... might be in the old forum :/

EDIT: griffin posted -> http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.p...ndpost&p=43587
    and more characters here -> http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.p...ndpost&p=46092
    and this thread -> http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.p...=0&#entry39876
    Last edited by Saintly; 25th January 2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: added links...

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    I believed there is... I can't remember where I posted it... might be in the old forum :/

EDIT: griffin posted -> http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.p...ndpost&p=43587
    and more characters here -> http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.p...ndpost&p=46092
    and this thread -> http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.p...=0&#entry39876
    Look above
    ________
    Chrysler Sebring (Sedan) Specifications
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Look above
    Yes I saw :/ ... I was editing the post while you posted, so it wasn't possible to view what you had posted~

besides, i wanted to give references from the old forum, which was where you got the link from anyway

I forgot that the link was there, I actually googled it. Nevermind.
    ________
    Shemale movies
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 01:56 PM.

I concurr with Kup's thoughts here. This episode is the best to date. The weaving of plots was well-constructed and well-paced. There were twists and turns and layers to Ratchet's character. There were small elements (the EMP gun) which re-emerged later on in a startling but logically way. The story elements and production elements meshed together perfectly in my mind.

I like Lockdown's character, it almost reminds me of G1 Doubledealer (though all I've ever read of the character is his bio.) Can't wait to get the toy and I hope he is as large and imposing as he was in the cartoon. As Jaydisc says, Lockdown rules.

One of the other things getting me is how small the Autobots look. It's going to be a surprise to see how they get Leader Class figures in Animated. Or are any slated actually? Or there may be a few twists in the plot to come.

The only annoying moment was again Sari (I finally remember her name) able to slip the key in so convienently again to boost ol' BB.

I'm starting to think that Animated though it may have flaws may become the G1 of the next generation. If you think about it, G1 itself has flaws (down to the animation) but we can still watch it now 20 years on for it's charm. I think Animated, though it's too early to say, may withstand the test of time. It's got that core group of characters, slowly expanding universe of toys, a sense of humour and banter (remember G1 jokes were lame at times), and it's constructed in a way that gets a cross-section of kids (us incliuded.

So yeah, it may be early, but though I don't think it'll rate the best in my mind, I can see that in a generations time this being the cartoon that leapt on the success of the action movie and propelled the next generation of insane, adult collectors.

Doubledealer was more of double-agent/spy rather than a mercenary. Doubledealer has always been portrayed as being aligned with the Decepticons.

Lockdown is more like Sixshot in The Headmasters who was portrayed as an unaligned Transformer (notice how his animation model sports NO faction insignia in any of his modes) who was merely a mercenary hired by the Decepticons. But he certainly had no fixed allegiance with the Decepticons.

What makes Lockdown unique in Transformers lore is that unlike any other bounty hunter/merc in TF, he's also a personal trophy hunter. All other TF mercenaries (Sixshot, Devcon, Death's Head etc) have been "professional" bounty hunters - like Jango and Boba Fett in Star Wars. They get a job, they do the job. Okay, Death's Head got a bit personal/nasty if people interfered with his job (he would hunt others down for revenge if they thwarted him from claiming his quarry) but he was never one to kill others to take trophies. Lord Chumley collected trophies - but he was a game hunter, not a bounty hunter (it's not as if anyone ever commissioned or hired him to kill Optimus Prime).

So having this character as a prize-collecting mercenary does make him quite unique in Transformers lore.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 2nd February 2008 at 02:18 PM.

I'm starting to think that Animated though it may have flaws may become the G1 of the next generation. If you think about it, G1 itself has flaws (down to the animation) but we can still watch it now 20 years on for it's charm. I think Animated, though it's too early to say, may withstand the test of time. It's got that core group of characters, slowly expanding universe of toys, a sense of humour and banter (remember G1 jokes were lame at times), and it's constructed in a way that gets a cross-section of kids (us incliuded.
    Despite my praise for this episode I am far from convinced that what you stated above will happen unless we consistantly see this level of quality in several episodes to come. So far the bulk of the Animated episodes have been mediocre at best with a couple of decent ones but nothing outstanding. They rely too much on rehashed super hero concepts and the magical key to save the day.

This particular episode succeeds because it breaks the trend of the past episodes by giving us a unique 'Transformers' story which adds new interesting concepts and villain without imposing human characters, Super hero team to the rescue or macguffins. It wins on its own story merits.

It is still a bit early but if they continue as they currently are with one very good episode every 6-7 not so good episodes, it may only be remembered as an 'ok' series with too many annoying elements down the line.

I honestly hope they shape up in that department and dump the Super Hero crap, stupid professor and the macguffin because in my view, it is bringing the series down. The potential is there if they decide to focus more on Transformers lore rather than rehashed elements from Teen Titans and the like.
    ________
    Honda civic specifications
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:05 PM.