Thread: Digital Artists? Anywhere? ;D Starscream fans?

Default Digital Artists? Anywhere? ;D Starscream fans?

I'm seeing SO many repaints- it's fantastic! I'm so jealous! I wish I could that kind of stuff... ;3;

But yeah- I'm more of a digital artist... I struggle when it comes to Transformers- but I try-! I've started drawing TFP Starscream (because he's really easy to draw- G1/Armada is so difficult- *groan*) So I thought I'd share what I can do~

Steampunk Star - Totally fun!

TFP Shattered Glass Starscream ~ ;D

<3

I think your colours are great, wish I could colour like that.

I am more of a traditional artist - mainly pencils and pens. I say this not as if I had a choice though, I can't really do digital colours ... yet.

My attempt at Generations Warpath: http://wildspark.deviantart.com/art/Warpath-254340629

and my attempt to colour it (notice there is no understanding of lighting or shadows): http://wildspark.deviantart.com/art/Warpath-337312712

Thanks Sam- I fell in love with digital painting years ago- I barely do any traditional stuff anymore- it's shameful! ;D
    I reckon you must be REALLY patient to be a traditional artist though- It drives me mad. I always rush and make stupid mistakes when I ink it.

Wooow! What an intricate design- I think it's fantastic- and the flat colours are great. What program are you using?
    Btw- I also like your Iron Man pic too~ Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Vron89 View Post
    Thanks Sam- I fell in love with digital painting years ago- I barely do any traditional stuff anymore- it's shameful! ;D
    I reckon you must be REALLY patient to be a traditional artist though- It drives me mad. I always rush and make stupid mistakes when I ink it.

Wooow! What an intricate design- I think it's fantastic- and the flat colours are great. What program are you using?
    Btw- I also like your Iron Man pic too~ Looks great!
    Digital painting is really convenient, and not as messy as if you were working with oils or watercolours. So the preference is understandable, and it is something I also prefer, but it's because I don't have any real skills in digital painting so can't choose that over pen and pencils.

The other reason is that due to lack of spare time at home, I do most of my drawing on my way to and from work ... on the trains, which means I can't get the fine details down because sometimes the train ride is not steady.

I did the flat colours in GIMP, which, while free and quite good, in my opinion has nothing on Photoshop because the latter has a lot more features in every way. I didn't always have PS, but took the plunge and bought it last year since I also use it for work.

Thanks for checking out the Iron Man drawing, it was for my nephew's birthday since he loves the character.

Yeah, that's so true- I love waterpaints- but damn- I can't make it look as nice as digital pics... ;3; Ohwell- practice makes perfect!

GIMP is okay- but yeah, not enough options Photoshop is going to be great fun when you get used to everything (which will take a LOOONG time)... But yeah, layers and masks are you friends! XD
    How confident do you feel with PS now? I have a tutorial on youtube that might be handy? But it's for PS7... hmm

No worries~ I'd love to see your Warpath with shading one day~

GIMP has layers too and many similar layer functions to PS.

But it has next to nothing when it comes to brush presets like the way PS has.

I use PS CS6, but many of the functions in PS 7 are there, so your tutorial was easy to understand. Thanks.

By the way, there are quite a number of artists in OzFormers, whether it comes to writing, drawing, 3D art, or kit bashing / modding.

For example, a few that I can recommend are Verno's comics, Skywarp91's short film, snaketales' customs, plus there's another member who had these really detailed sketches of Generations Springer (sorry mate, forgot your name!). Also, Tober does 3D stuff.

(FYI - There are many others, I've just mentioned the ones that had more recent posts )

Some pretty good work there, have you considered plying your hand/pointer to the likes of Botanica?

I'm still really stoked that that tutorial actually helped! XD <3

Oh! I'll have to chase the lot of them~ It's great to see such creative lot on this site~ <333 I'm particularly interested in that film~ Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Some pretty good work there, have you considered plying your hand/pointer to the likes of Botanica?
    I actually haven't watched much Beast Wars (I know-- for shame!)- but Botanica looks beautiful, I love her design- and the clip you sent over looks fantastic...-- I wonder if it's the same animators that worked on 'Shadow Raiders'? I used to love that show.... ;D
    I'll definitely have to chase it now! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Vron89 View Post
    I actually haven't watched much Beast Wars (I know-- for shame!)- but Botanica looks beautiful, I love her design- and the clip you sent over looks fantastic...-- I wonder if it's the same animators that worked on 'Shadow Raiders'? I used to love that show.... ;D
    I'll definitely have to chase it now! <3
    Should you ever have an opportunity and a means, I'd highly recommend your viewing of Beast Wars; it's the best written televised TF narrative to-date, in my opinion at least , but more importantly it's a very fun series.

Botanica, however, is from a series that is a sequel to Beast Wars, of which I'm not greatly fond of but don't let that dissuade you from checking out Beast Machines - It's as much a part of TF history as any other series and is certainly worth viewing at least once.

I'm not familiar with "Shadow Raiders" to be honest, but a quick look at IMDb has led me to find that it was indeed produced & animated by the same studio as Beast Wars AND Beast Machines; the studio was known as Mainframe Entertainment, it also produced a show you may remember called ReBoot, but it would seem that they've merged with another company & renamed to Rainmaker Entertainment.

It may surprise you to know that sadly Botanica never received a Toy of her own , a travesty given her unique design, but the commercial reasons are understandable I suppose... She was a female character, she was a plant & was a part of a generally unpopular show - but, given the success of characters like Blackarachnia & Airazor in Beast Wars, many feel she was never really given a chance - toy-wise.

It's definitely on my list to watch~ The 3D animation style kind of scared me away from BW- much like it did when they 3D'd up Transformers Energon- but I'm slowly catching up~ ;D

Beast Machines? Wow- if I heard that title I would've thought it was a rip-off of BW...

I knew the second I saw that tiny plant hiss at them when she climbed off the ship- that little guy is used in SR as a last remnant of a plant-based planet... which was eaten by a mobile planet (which ALWAYS reminded me of Unicron-- with the mouth/horns)...
    Woooow-- I suddenly realised that they could've been in the same universe--- ooh-

Aw- Botanica has such a beautiful design- it's sad that she's got no toy... ;3; I'm starting to sculpt a lot these days- and I'm hoping to make some 'former busts in the future... as soon as I get confident with it... She would be a challenge- but if she turned out right- she'd look fantastic~ <3