Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (FEB-2013) JP Exclusive Gen1 Toys - Reviews and Favourites

What are your Best and Worst toys of this series?

What was your first one, and when?

Stepper is, hands down, my favourite G1 Japanese exclusive, and pretty much the only one I ever owned. When I got him (the TFC version), I was just getting back into Transformers after a few years away, and I had never owned a Targetmaster before. Targetsmasters may be my all-time favourite TF gimmic, so yeah. I saw him at Manifest '05, at the Transfigure Toys table and snagged him up.

Sure he's just a black Jazz with flames (on the other hand: he is a black Jazz! With flames! Awesome!), but being one of the original Autobot cars means that regardless of certain design flimsiness, he's already heads and shoulders above a lot of the new moulds released at the same time.

Seeing as wiki fever hadn't overtaken the world just yet, I never really looked into him much (except to find out about Artfire), so for quite a few years (and really even now), he was my Transformer. Completely new and unfamiliar, I called the shots in my mind on his backstory, personality and everything.

What ones are you most looking for and why?

Unless United Artfire counts, I'm not really looking for any in particular, unfortunately.

I've always had a thing for Multiforce, and love my reissue black Landcross even more than the originals. Just six vehicles transform into thirty-seven different robots. Considering the popularity of the Western gestalts, it's crazy that Landcross seems to scrape the bottom of the barrel for Super Robot love. If I had to pick a favourite it would be Machtackle, as he was (/they were) the first eighties Japanese set that I completed (thanks to Dirge, over a decade ago now.)

Drawing from my own 1st hand experience only...

Best:
    • Scorponok
    • Mindwipe
    • Skullcruncher

Worst:
    • Misfire
    • Twincast (Handled)
    • Soundblaster (Handled)

My first figure that I owned of the above was Scorponok of whom I bought from 1AZRAEL1 in 2010, He has been a labour of love in that I had to piece-meal him to completion (To which he is now 110% complete! ) and whilst he owes me a hell of a lot of money, he remains to be one of my top 3 favourite G1 figures of all time.

I am currently looking for Weirdwolf's Head (Monzo) but am most looking for Encore Fortress Maximus, who I should receive mid year for the reasons of:
    • His head is a Headmaster,
    • Who's Head is also a Headmaster.
    • Body turns into a massive Battle-station.
    • Is a HUGE Robot Toy with many other smaller robot toys comprised within him!

My best - grand max and black zarak

Worst - I love most of this stuff, just don't really like micro masters too much ( i like the bases)

Rocket base and land cross - picked up on honeymoon in hk

Looking forward to getting a liokaiser and finishing my dinoking set.

Show us some pics of your collection of the ones you have.

Link to my collection pics http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=13493

And

And latest piece

I don't know if I would say best but I have a soft spot forMetrotitan from Zone.
    Worst maybe Billy as they called him in the English dubbing (Twincast)

Not sure on this one? Are we including the U.S versions? I can remember getting all 4 Autobot Headmasters early on

Most probably Deathsuarus or LioKaiser. I love gesalt sets but there is something about Deathsaurus that I really like, Most probably because he's a large figure

- God Ginrai: massive improvement over Powermaster Optimus Prime
    - Star Convoy: a really fun playset x action figure
    - Lio Kaiser (wish I had one! Please reissue these toys, TakaraTOMY!)

TF Jr. Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron in 1987. Sadly I don't have these anymore... I didn't take care of 'em cos I thought they were KOs at the time.

Hellbat, Leozak, Gaihawk, Killbison & Drillhorn -- need 'em to complete Lio Kaiser... but admittedly I'll likely never find 'em at a price I'm willing to pay. So I'm hoping for reissues.

Show us some pics of your collection of the ones you have.
    These are mixed in with Hasbro TFs... follow link in signature if anyone's interested.