Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ToyWorld

Default ToyWorld

Starting a new ToyWorld general discussion thread for all their current and future releases rather than a new thread for each single one.

TW-T05 Mini Cooper, their not-Goldbug.
    Teasers of not-Freeway and not-Wideload.
    Very excited that this series has not been sidetracked.

Previous threads (in category rather than recency):
    TW-01 Hegemon
    TW-01B Hegemon 2nd Edition

H Series (Not-Headmaster Series)
    TW-H01 Hardbone
    TW-H02 Brainwave
    TW-H03 Swamper

T Series (Not-Throttlebots)
    TW-T01 Grind Rod
    TW-T02 Aurora
    TW-T03 Trace

Can't seem to find a thread for TW-02 Orion or TW-03 BII but will update this first post when I find it. I think that's all of them?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Starting a new ToyWorld general discussion thread for all their current and future releases rather than a new thread for each single one.

TW-T05 Mini Cooper, their not-Goldbug.
    Teasers of not-Freeway and not-Wideload.
    Very excited that this series has not been sidetracked.

Previous threads (in category rather than recency):
    TW-01 Hegemon
    TW-01B Hegemon 2nd Edition

H Series (Not-Headmaster Series)
    TW-H01 Hardbone
    TW-H02 Brainwave
    TW-H03 Swamper

T Series (Not-Throttlebots)
    TW-T01 Grind Rod
    TW-T02 Aurora
    TW-T03 Trace

Can't seem to find a thread for TW-02 Orion or TW-03 BII but will update this first post when I find it. I think that's all of them?
    Looking forward to completing the not Throttlebots, but I do think that the one listed in the pic above as Freeway is in fact also Goldbug.

Can't say I've been a fan of anything of theirs so far. I had a Hardbone (hehe) and sold it do to being underwhelmed. I have been tempted by Orion, but Classics Prime serves the purpose.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

hmm... Glad the other members were not scrapped.

Looks like Goldbug might fold into back-filler the same way the Micromaster Six-member-combiners did.

Freeway looks great. I'm glad they chose to go with a different type of chest for him.

Lots of parts, and seemingly no where to hide them? Also his hips look a bit thin.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Don't like the center bot. He should have been made a dump truck if he is to be that big.

At least that finalizes the combiner enigma

I don't like how the others are road cars and the centre one looks like a military vehicle, its not cohesive.
    Spiderken Away!

Glad to see they are going to complete the team. The combiner mode looks ok, but as long as the individual toys aren't compromised it's just a little icing on the cake rather than the cake itself. Chase and Freeway look as if they've been scaled up a little as they are quite large cars, though I do like how Goldbug is the smallest.

Apparently the Knight XV the centre bots alt-mode is available as an armoured luxury civilian vehicle in the US. I guess it's the new Hummer for people who want to soak up as much of the road as possible. At least his G1 name seems to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Don't like the center bot. He should have been made a dump truck if he is to be that big.

At least that finalizes the combiner enigma
    A dump truck would have been nice given the original toy, although unless he was less exciting mini dump truck, in order to get a decent size he would need to be twice his current size at least. Wideload was always the Blast-off or Groove of his team, that guy who's clearly in a different scale to the rest of his team.

I must admit his vehicle mode probably makes more sense for a robot called a Throttlebot, though a dumptruck would still have been cooler for the G1 factor.

I do enjoy these, I have the first 2 releases and I am impressed with their design. The big vehicle does indeed look out of place, but I actually find it quite humorous to be honest. I can't say I don't like it, but when everything is combined, wow it looks great I don't think a dump truck would work with the overall concept, but would probably make a lot more people interested in this set. Good on them for having a go to make something a little bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I must admit his vehicle mode probably makes more sense for a robot called a Throttlebot, though a dumptruck would still have been cooler for the G1 factor.
    That's why I am not too fond of the current choice. Plus I never cared for a combining gimmick so if they changed the alt mode to incorporate that, it's more annoying.

A dump truck wouldn't have made sense in this lineup. These alt-modes are all commercially available street vehicles that... and here's the cool thing, are pretty much in scale with each other! That in itself is a pretty impressive feat and hammering it because it's not a dump truck is unfair when a dump truck was a silly choice for a "throtllebot" in the first place.

I'm still not getting these though.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain