Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: APS-03 Human Alliance Barricade & Soundwave

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    I am considering heading over to Osaka for a couple of days. So I may take you up on that offer. Loose is fine as long as the figure is complete and in good condition
    I'll take a look closer to when you're heading over...currently a bit caught up with work stuff.

IIRC both of them are in good condition, but one of them is missing the missile and human, and the other (I think) is missing the human. I might be wrong on that last bit though.
    Either way, if you're here on a day when I'm free I can give you the TF tour and bring them for you to check out and take one if you want it.

I hope they do get the 'Premium' paintjob as the series name implies or it hurts the APS line. Soundwave in particular looks like he needs a painted alt mode.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

The APS toys don't tend to sell out right away so I figure I have a while to decided if it's worth picking up to get HA Soundwave.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    I'll take a look closer to when you're heading over...currently a bit caught up with work stuff.

IIRC both of them are in good condition, but one of them is missing the missile and human, and the other (I think) is missing the human. I might be wrong on that last bit though.
    Either way, if you're here on a day when I'm free I can give you the TF tour and bring them for you to check out and take one if you want it.
    thanks ode, the human figure isn't much of a big deal, as Long as the missile and laserbeak are there. (instructions would be good too but whatever.)
    I don't know when exactly i'll be in Osaka bit i'll be in Japan from Dec 10th till Jan 8th so hopefully we can meet up at some point in that time and you can give me the tour

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    I hope they do get the 'Premium' paintjob as the series name implies or it hurts the APS line. Soundwave in particular looks like he needs a painted alt mode.
    Yep, Soundwave deserves a silvery, almost metallic, car colouring to deserve that pricing. A bit like the shine they got on the Platinum Edition Sideswipe.
    Since there isn't as much you can add to Barricade, Soundwave needs to pop out of the box as looking like a replica/model Mercedes car.

I had a quick look at the HA toys, and Sideswipe and Jazz had really nice silver colours to them. This Soundwave needs that to be priced as a "Premium".

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yep, Soundwave deserves a silvery, almost metallic, car colouring to deserve that pricing. A bit like the shine they got on the Platinum Edition Sideswipe.
    Since there isn't as much you can add to Barricade, Soundwave needs to pop out of the box as looking like a replica/model Mercedes car.

I had a quick look at the HA toys, and Sideswipe and Jazz had really nice silver colours to them. This Soundwave needs that to be priced as a "Premium".
    Yeah, that flat silver is hardly worthy of the label & price tag
    Barricade should also have flashing lights

Soundwave needs the same silver that Jazz got.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    HA Soundwave is a ridiculously good figure, and Barricade is fairly good.

I'd be interested if they were giving SW proper shiny silver paint and a better eye paint app that actually picks out the eye detail and looks like the movie (ie has two distinct eyes) and not just a streak of paint to mimick the G1 visor look. The pics so far make it look like a straight re release though.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Soundwave needs the same silver that Jazz got.
    ^100%^

I was lucky enough to get my HA Soundwave, if I remember correctly (Probably not ), when he first hit for $80 or so - To see him going for up-to and over $350 is both pleasing & absurd to me.

HA Soundwave is hands down the Superior iteration of his DoTM self, followed by the Legends toy and way-WAY at the bottom of some mouldy, disgusting bin somewhere is that piece of junk Deluxe figure.

I'd really like a HA Barricade and would like even more to get HA Soundwave with a suitably fitting (& Deserved) premium paint job.

Totally agree, HA Soundwave was a really decent representation of the movie character, also love his transformation especially his legs. How that tiny left over rear bit of the car fills out his legs is without doubt a feat of modern engineering, right up there with TFPrime's compactness in alt mode when compared with his bulk in bot mode.

A metallic paint job would've been nice though for sure. It's a shame that this figure was only released towards the end of the line, there weren't enough to satisfy demand in my opinion and it was not easy trying to get one at a reasonable price.

For the price of this pack, it would've been nice to see it with a chrome finish in alt mode say. Considering how much chrome HasTak are slapping about on their AoE "platinum" figures lately, it would think they'd have a bit left over for poor, Hasbro grey Soundy...

I'm interested in Barricade - expensive on eBay, and there's the possibility of getting a counterfeit. I wouldn't bother with Soundwave, unless as others have stated, he's given a silver paintjob.