Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: APS-03 Human Alliance Barricade & Soundwave

The tradition of HK exclusive items continues, with a diecast Frenzy as boombox to come with this HK exclusive 2-pack of Human Alliance toys (which is still not known yet to be any different to the regular versions).

The release date is noted as January 23rd.

Hmm...

Wonder how easy this will be to get. MP-10 Asia Reissue was impossible to find at any stores here in HK and I had to buy him online.
    Guess I'll be going a-huntin' on the 23rd as I'd love to get Barricade...

This is out now... but not cheap, with places like this one in HK selling it for about US$120 (that's double what the Human Alliance toys were originally sold for in 2010/2011 - at US$30 each).

Still no idea yet if they have different paint apps, as I haven't seen any photos posted up yet.... and the bonus Frenzy boombox isn't worth the extra US$60.

The early word is that they DON'T have new or improved paint decos... which is a shame and surprise, considering the spectacular decos on the last two APS toys, and the markup on this 2-pack over their originals.

I don't have the originals to be sure but the decos do look fairly standard still.. http://snakas.blog95.fc2.com/blog-entry-4282.html?sp . Definately no silver paint for Soundwave
    Last edited by Deonasis; 24th January 2015 at 09:56 AM.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Well there you go... absolutely nothing premium except the price.
    US$60 for a tiny plastic boombox.

I know that Hasbro HK have been doing this for a while now (pricing things according to their secondary value rather than at normal retail profit margins of the regular release toys), but even this is a new level of price-gouging for them... which we've seen is now inspiring Hasbro US to do the same with their Platinum Editions (especially the Gen1 sets), because enough fans just keep buying them.

The interesting thing about these releases is they are REALLY HARD to source on the ground here in HK too. I haven't found a shop on either side of the harbour with this release or the previous Skywarp in their stock or on the shelves. So either they are being snatched up by pre-orders or seem to be almost exclusively for the online (overseas) retail market...
    I was hoping to find a store with these guys to figure out what the real markup on them was (and I have a son who would LOVE a movie version of Barricade... but not at those prices!)

So for someone with a Soundwave shelf is HA Soundwave worth having or should I just stick with the Deluxe DOTM Soundwave?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

HA Soudwave is the definitive version of that character if you're including movieverse Soundwaves on your shelf. The only negative thing I can say about it is that the paintwork is lacklustre, something not fixed at all with this release, but it's definitely a figure worth having.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

The HA version is definitely better than the Deluxe version (and comes with a Laserbeak too).
    But since both versions of Soundwave had a limited release, they can both be hard to find and can be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    HA Soudwave is the definitive version of that character if you're including movieverse Soundwaves on your shelf. The only negative thing I can say about it is that the paintwork is lacklustre, something not fixed at all with this release, but it's definitely a figure worth having.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The HA version is definitely better than the Deluxe version (and comes with a Laserbeak too).
    "D" to the "I" to the "Double T" - "OH!".

The Deluxe is just junk, slightly redeemed by that black redeco but still a crappy mold ; hence it's such a massive missed opportunity that this HA re-release did not receive a nice silver paint job - I can only imagine that something inherent with the mold's surfaces are what is preventing them from applying paint to it.

But since both versions of Soundwave had a limited release, they can both be hard to find and can be expensive.
    Absolutely true, with every passing day making them harder and more expensive to come by.