Page 6 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Movies Thread

Scrapper is offline (Hacked Account suspended)

I would like to see both avatar movies I believe they will both be good. Also the main actor in the 3d version will be the same person who did the terminator in salvation who is an Australian actor.

I must admit I can not wait till they release the new He-Man and the new Voltron movies. Though it is sad to hear that the halo movie will not be based on the story lines of the games how ever it will be based on the "Red Vs Blue" series instead.

Halo has been scrapped, it wont be made.

The Halo movie got scrapped and turned into District 9, hence why there were all those nutty game guns in Distirct 9.

The Australian Actor in Avatar and the somewhat forgettable Terminator Salvation was Sam Worthington. I wish they had cast him as Duke as was rumoured for a short time for GI Joe, Channing Tatum was a bit to much of a pretty boy for Duke.

Scrapper is offline (Hacked Account suspended)

I too agree there. Sam response from what I can remember on the 7pm show thing when he was told he would be doing avatar was "yeah I can do it...but I need to change the brakes on my car and help move a mates fridge" James Cameron thought that was hillarious apparently.

Goin to go see Where the Wild Things are tonight at the Black Curtain Screenings. I'll let you guys know what I think.

EDIT: Gets 2 thumbs up from me, not a long movie, but very cool. If your a kid at heart, you will like it.
    Last edited by 1AZRAEL1; 1st December 2009 at 08:08 AM.

New Conan Teaser Poster

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Goin to go see Where the Wild Things are tonight at the Black Curtain Screenings. I'll let you guys know what I think.

EDIT: Gets 2 thumbs up from me, not a long movie, but very cool. If your a kid at heart, you will like it.
    I thought the movie was just the right length given Hollywood's tendency toward bloating pics this year. ROTF and 2012 come to mind.

But yeah 2 thumbs up here too, it was in the spirit of the book, and free of shmaltz. Like Watchman It met my excpectations without losing the soul of the source material. Spike Jonze is clearly another one of these directors who does everything his way, but doesn't pander to the Hollywood money making machine so much.

Although I wouldn't say it is a kids movie per-se, but rather a movie about being a kid.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Can't wait for Avatar next week!!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I actually spoke to a guy last night who owns one of the bigger cinema chains (in SA) and he said they had a preview of Avatar the other night (in 3D). He said it was absolutely amazing!

His wife said she is not a fan of Sci-Fi at all, and actually didn't want to go... but she did and she was glad! She said it's got a great story and she loved it. Everyone keeps talking about how amazing the 3D imagery in this film is - I can't wait!