Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RID toys now out in America!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It looks like the Warrior/Deluxe class is the most complex, non-gimmick class so far known, and even those are very simple from what I saw at the SDCC display... and I think its because the cartoon is aimed at a younger audience than even Animated (but still a couple years older than the Rescue Bots audience).
    But like Animated, as the age-group gets older with the cartoon, the toys might get more complicated with them.

The Generations toys are the ones aimed at us oldies next year, so I don't think Hasbro are even bothering to create RID toys that would interest us. Just like Rescue Bots, most of us probably won't even follow the RID cartoon if it ends up being as young as the promos so far look.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think Rescue Bots is one of the better TFs cartoons, for being fun to watch... but not fun for fans of Decepticons.

The RID cartoon may end up being a good one for us older fans to watch... but if it is, it's going to annoy fans who would want some toys that have more than 6-8 steps of transformation.
    Even though Animated was aimed at a younger audience, it got massive props from us of the older school simply because of the amount of G1 homage in it and how much they correlated the characters in one way or another to their origins (Blurr, Swindle, Soundwave, Shockwave, Megatron, Starscream, Optimus, Bumblebee Cliffjumper, Alpha Trion, Grimlock, Swoop, Omega Supreme, Mixmaster, Wreck Gar etc etc).

This cartoon, despite having a yellow Bbee, a red Sideswipe etc is already departing from this by the look of the Grimlock on offer (both in colour and robot mode). So that may put off some of the older fans.

Legion and Warrior sizes are now up on Amazon... but not yet shipping here.

Chromia was the same when she initially went up, but changed after a few days

Pre-orders for Grimlock are already sold out on BBTS

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Pre-orders for Grimlock are already sold out on BBTS
    I wonder if he's a shortpack or actually popular?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    AUSTRALIAN RETAIL: Unfortunately, with the weakening of the Australian dollar, we have had to raise prices.

OTCA: Um... but you didn't lower prices when the dollar was strong.

AUSTRALIAN RETAIL: Ha ha ha. Oh you precious child - just leave economics to the grown-ups.

Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I wonder if he's a shortpack or actually popular?
    two each per case,just like the others. so just popular i guess.

AUSTRALIAN RETAIL: Unfortunately, with the weakening of the Australian dollar, we have had to raise prices.

AUSTRALIAN RETAIL: Ha ha ha. Oh you precious child - just leave economics to the grown-ups.
    Don't get me started...

I think the Warrior class toys look alright, so far. Maybe once I have them in hand I'll change my mind. The combo of an Animated/Prime look to them is appealing, the simpleness not so much.

Meanwhile, at petrol stations...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Is there a game advertised yet? And what's to stop kids going to shops and just scanning the symbols in their pack?
    There is a Transformers: Robots in Disguise app. It's been on iTunes since last week and I found it for android this morning.

You probably won't even need to go to shops to scan the extra characters in. I'm sure you can do it off online photos. Someone might even compile a barcode gallery. Codes aren't super necessary, the in game store can unlock them for you by cashing in energon cubes earned in game.
    But extra characters aren't the only reason for the codes. There are supposed to be new codes appearing on Transformers.com regularly.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.