Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > All other Toys & Mixed - Discussion, Sales, Reviews

Sightings/Sales

Old 18th April 2013, 01:16 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Pretty sure Kmart Mt Druitt still has their World 4 Kids cardboard banners up in the isles. Saw them there not too long ago.
G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Old 18th April 2013, 01:27 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Gouki just mentioned "Zigzag" in the sightings section.... which I'd totally forgotten about, as it was such a short-lived (bad) idea.
I can still remember the jingle - When you shop at Zigzag, the smile's in the bag - but can't remember if it was a new chain or just Toyworld trying to rejuvenate itself against the TRU/W4K surge.
Obviously didn't work, as they disappeared pretty quickly. (as Megatron once said - New packaging, same product... Losers.)

Ozformers on Twitter (join for Australian Transformers News, First Toy Sightings, and Store Sales alerts)
Ozformers on Facebook
My BotCon archive
Insurance & Security tips for your collection

My collection - - Toys I want - - Recent arrivals - - Random stuff from me
Old 18th April 2013, 02:54 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Haha, yes I remember lots of K-marts ended up with giant Darth Vaders and Action Mens after W4K shut down.

The Mirrabooka W4K building still had the different coloured hemispheres around the edge of the building until the new tenant took over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
No, Wonderland was like Toyworld but their stores seemed to always be larger than the Toyworld stores. The Wonderland at Mirrabooka was in that small complex where the CES used to be not very far from World 4 Kids but shut down either just before or just after W4K's opened, I think W4K may have even been a larger version of the franchise as they had the same jingle
Yes, Wonderland stores always seemed bigger than Toyworld. I vividly remember the Wonderland at Karrinyup shopping center (it was upstairs near Myers). I got my Classics Streetwise there. I have vague memories of one in... Balcatta? Somewhere on Erindale Rd I think.

I also deeply miss the Innaloo Toyworld, that was consistently the toystore I visited the most as a child. I put Turbomaster Boss on layby there and paid off like $2 a week until he was mine.
Old 18th April 2013, 05:11 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
Haha, yes I remember lots of K-marts ended up with giant Darth Vaders and Action Mens after W4K shut down.

Morley Kmart had a giant Vader sitting on top of their toy rack for ages. Made the toy section really easy to find.
Old 19th April 2013, 01:12 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

I remember going with a couple of friends to the Aspley grand opening on Thursday night… you could navigate to it by the glow from the searchlights they had running. Could not get a park anywhere near the place and eventually found a spot almost a kilometre away, near where the Carseldine police station now is (yes, in the next suburb!). It was packed. I don’t recall the TFs but I know the modelling isles were crammed with kits (and probably also the aisles most devoid of people). I remember buying a 1/72 Matchbox Lancaster that night… we visited many times over the years before it closed but don't remember any but that first time!
Old 6th May 2013, 06:12 PM
Rank 1 - New/Inactive

A local store near me sells the W4K battleship game with the store logo on it.
Old 10th November 2013, 12:53 AM
Rank 1 - New/Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
Damn, I had one for years! It was a big book catalogue. But I think all that remains of it now is the Transformers page (with the Euro-exclusives). 'Who would ever want it?' I thought.

I recall shopping at World 4 Kids stores at Southland, Fountain Gate (where I got the Robotech figures I'm getting rid of) and Clayton (the only place I recall ever seeing the G2 Powermasters).

I can't remember exactly if there was one at Chadstone before Toys R Us (or if that was a Toys R Us store that just moved locations).
Do you still have any Robotech figures that you wish to get rid of?
Old 10th November 2013, 12:25 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrees View Post
Do you still have any Robotech figures that you wish to get rid of?
Sorry all gone now.
Old 10th November 2013, 02:29 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Loved W4K, I think there was one where big w is at Southland?
I remember sitting at home the night of the grand opening of Clayton wishing I could go.

Haha, the zigzag jingle is stuck in my head now!

.. I miss those days, walking in and seeing the full selection of G.I Joes and tfs..
Going to Singapore and seeing a well stocked Toys R Us took me back to that a little.
Old 13th April 2018, 10:40 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

I remember World 4 Kids Bankstown quite fondly. Its where I got the bulk of my "early" transformers (having gotten into them in the early 90s when shown on syndication) which were all G1 Classics. Still have my classics Protectobots and Stunticons and Starscream (sans missiles)

Tags
world 4 kids