Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Outback's Australian News

Sightings/Sales

Closed Thread

Old 4th April 2018, 09:26 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

A couple of new sightings from today, and some less popular items from last week.
Today, found at Toyworld in the ACT was the first wave of Studio Series Leaders (Blackout and Grimlock), for $90.
And at a QLD Woolies, the first wave of the small sized Authentics (Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream), for $10 each.

And from the previous week or two, the second wave of RID 3-steps (new mould Grimlock and redeco Thunderhoof), which we skipped last year when wave 3 and 4 were being released while the RID toyline was still going.
Plus the fourth "wave" of 2017 Rescue Bots Rescan bots, which saw the release of the launcher trailer Optimus as just the cab on its own. (this might have been seen last month in NSW, but was not verified)

Meanwhile, the rarely seen Titans Return Seaspray and Cosmos wave, are appearing at a few more Toyworlds recently, so might continue to show up around the country before that line disappears completely here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
I was amazed to find the new Transformers Authentics line at Woolworths Runaway Bay (isle 10 or 11, on the left hand side, whole new shelves of Hasbro toys including Marvel Infinity Wars Wave 2!). They had two full sets (Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee, and Starscream). I didn't care what they were in price (no shelf tag) but was delighted when they scanned in at only $10 each.

The receipt scans in as #Transformers Generations Asst @ $10.00

I would think if it hits Kmart or Big W you might see them a little less, as Woolworths toys don't compete on price. But how awesome to find these at retail. I hope is means we will see the larger size class too eventually, but might just be a one off

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMan View Post
SS Grimlock and Blackout at Toyworld $90 damn they look good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Kmart - had the newest Rescue Bots "rescan" Optimus, which is the one that was packed with the launcher trailer and Blurr.

ToysRUs -
and a few RID toys. (plus the newest Rescue Bots "rescan" Optimus in the Playskool section)
Quote:

Toyworld Macgregor - Titans Return Seaspray and Cosmos, which were sighted at the CBD Toyworld store, so might now be showing up at other Toyworlds now.
I also saw a Deluxe Slugslinger as well.

BigW - POTP Voyager and Deluxe now in stock... and a first sighting of the RID 3-steps from last year that had the new mould Grimlock and redeco Thunderhoof.
Old 5th April 2018, 11:09 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

The rest of the Studio Series toys have now been found, at several Toyworlds in Victoria today.
Deluxes were for $35.
Voyagers for $49-50.
Leaders for $90.
(prices can vary among Toyworld stores)

Also note that the photo below is our first photo proof of the giant Rescue Bots Optimus Flip-Racer launcher trailer, which had an unverified sighting on another fansite back in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
Backing up Swordmaster’s sighting from toyworld Sunbury with some photo evidence of the store

As of 4pm today

2 Bumblebee, 2 Ratchet, 3 Crowbar, 1 Stinger. 34.99ea
1 Optimus, 1 starscream. 49.99ea
1 Blackout. 89.99ea

Since I couldn’t buy anything today I’m Very tempted to go back there tomorrow and relieve them of said Blackout, if he is still there by then
Old 24th April 2018, 08:07 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

The first of the POTP wave 2 toys have been found here - the Legends class (Tailgate, Roadtrap, Battleslash).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
2nd wave of Legends sized POTP at Kmart Penrith

Old 15th May 2018, 06:58 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Some new toys found in the last week in Australia.

- POTP w2 Deluxe - a single sighting so far of Snarl at a BigW in Brisbane, so hopefully this means wave 2 is actually out here.
- POTP w2 Voyager (Elita-1 and Hungrrr) - found at a Kmart in Sydney.
- TF5 Movie w3 Deluxe (2nd Bumblebee, Crosshairs, Strafe) - found at a Toymate in Sydney, which should be getting their stock from Hasbro Australia like Toyworld.
- Rescue Bots "Nightwatch" Optimus (with 2 Minicons) - found at a Toyworld in Melbourne.
- Rescue Bots Flip Racer Blurr racetrack set - found at a ToysRUs in Brisbane.
- Rescue Bots Flip Racer w2 3-pack (Heatwave, Boulder, Quickshadow) - found at a ToysRUs in Brisbane.
- Rescue Bots Megabot Boulder - found at a Kmart in Brisbane.

And it looks like Transformers have returned to David Jones, after a 7-8 year hiatus. Don't expect much of a range, or competitive prices... but they can be used as a last resort if they are sitting on something that has disappeared everywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
Slug, snarl, swoop at bigw Strathpine. $29 each.

Quote:
Friday afternoon at Garden City...

And, new Rescue Bots - wave 2 Flip Racer 3-pack (Quickshadow, Boulder, Heatwave), and the newest trackset with yet another Flip Racer Blurr toy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
Toyworld Highpoint:

+ Rescue Bots Night Watch Optimus Prime with Scale the Shield-Bot & Lance the Raptor-Bot Mini-Con $43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polursine View Post
TLK deluxe wave 3 with new bumblebee cross hairs and strafe at toymate Glendale for 34.99 each

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
At K-Mart Chatswood.

Quote:
The photos from last night's toy hunt at Garden City...

Kmart -
The new item to note is the latest Rescue Bots Megabot, Boulder, who has a really poorly designed vehicle mode, complete with a shovel that can't be used because it is upside down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philby View Post
David Jones has had wave prime masters for a little bit now, they don't usually have transformers do they?
Old 16th June 2018, 10:19 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Sighted in the last 24 hours, a heap of BigW stores have been stocking all four of the Leader Class POTP toys for this week's toy sale (to be $68 during the sale), which includes the wave 2 Rodimus Unicronus and wave 3 Optimal Optimus.

Plus, Toyworlds in Brisbane have been seeing the wave 3 Legends toys Outback and Cindersaur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemblebuu View Post
Big W at Woden have a few Evolution Rodimus Unicronus & Evolution Optimal Optimus PotP figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Picked up the only Optimal Optimus at Big W, Warringah Mall. They had all the other leaders including a couple of Rodimus Unicronus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter M View Post
I managed to grab Outback from Mr Toys in Lawnton. Cindersaur was there as well, but didn't pick that one up.
Old 3rd July 2018, 09:57 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Several HUGE sightings from today, and one from a week ago.

- POTP wave 3 Voyager Inferno found at a BigW in NSW.
- Studio Series wave 2 Voyager Brawl & Megatron found at a Toyworld in Victoria.
- POTP wave 2 Deluxe finally having a confirmed appearance at a BigW in Canberra.

And the big news, Cyberverse hitting Australia before the rest of the world, but since it was at a Victorian Toyworld, it might have been an accidental early release, as we've had some Movie toys in recent years being released early by accident.
Then again, these could be their official release, and we just got lucky with the toys... but not the prices, as the Toyworld prices were apparently not right, with them being way over their normal size-class price point.

Three sizes found - Scout, Warrior and 1-Step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
I found wave 2 of the voyagers studio series. Its at Toyworld Traralgon. Had two Brawl's and now only one Megatron. $54 each if your wondering on price. I have a picture on my phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
Apparently Snarl and Sludge were found at a Big W in Canberra. Should see them pop up soon I hope
Quote:
Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
Looks like we have a first sighting in victoria with toyworld werribee plaza having the new cyberverse line in one steps deluxe-ish size and legends-ish classes but at the price of over $42.99 (if I recall correctly, was about to grab the shockwave but I swear I saw double digits and it looked like 40+ wtf) for the deluxish guys who are more simplified than rid's line I'm not even going to go touch them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gehirn View Post
Found an Inferno at ryde bigw.

Last edited by griffin; 4th July 2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old 4th July 2018, 09:41 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

A surprise find at a ToysRUs in NSW today, with the first sighting of Masterpiece Barricade and Studio Series Thundercracker.
Considering that ToysRUs are now winding up operations in Australia, these toys must have been received, or bought, before the official notice was made of the business being closed up.

Now to see if they show up at all stores, or just the ones closest to their Sydney warehouse (because it would be the cheapest option while they are minimising costs now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaminusPrime View Post
Arrived at TRU Today
Thundercraker - $60
MPM Barricade - $180
Old 7th July 2018, 04:20 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Found this week, the 3rd wave TF5 Leader Dragonstorm at Toyworlds in Victoria (and maybe other Toyworlds).
This was a toy that was not expected here, according to Hasbro Australia earlier this year, so it might have been sent here recently from China as excess stock they couldn't send anywhere else.

We also have the large sized "Authentic" figures showing up at Coles, for $20 each. The first wave has Bumblebee, Grimlock and Optimus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
Multiple sightings of TLK leaders in Toyworlds for $40.

INCLUDING DRAGONSTORM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
Found the larger Transformers Authentics Prime, Bee and Grimlock at Katoomba Coles $20 ea

Closed Thread