Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Generation 1 Soundtrack

Default Transformers Generation 1 Soundtrack

Over the years there has been interest in a soundtrack/score of the original G1 TV Series.

People have started kickstarters to fund software to help them remove vox and foley from video audio.
    From what I can tell, they're doing a fine job and have now finished season 2.

Ages ago, there was an article by the allspark to say that Robert J Walsh was remastering a whole bunch of musical scores of old 80's cartoon properties.
    Transformers, Jem and the Holograms, G.I. Joe and My little Pony to name a few.

based on the article this should have been out by now. Yesterday I got curious and I emailed Mr Walsh and this was his response:

Quote Originally Posted by Robert J Walsh
    The album is done. Sony is releasing 3rd Quarter 2017 on CD and vinyl.
    I only asked about Transformers and it's not clear if the album is just transformers or if it is a compilation of all the properties in one album. I have asked him if he'd like to release any further details.

I'm going to assume it's just transformers and here's hoping the album is a couple discs worth at least. I'm excited.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Looks like the Grimbots project is now complete, with all 98 original series episodes done, and the third season is now available for download as a zip file.
    I'm guessing that links to the first two seasons music is on there as well, in one of the other updates/news postings.

Just had a look through the downloads for all 3 season. It looks like he only has unique tracks for each episode so there doesn't seem to be duplicates for reused music. I wonder if there is anything unique in season 4 he could still need to do for this to be considered complete?

Here are the links to the post for each seasons download.

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Hmmm... TFW noted (or assumed) that it was complete, covering all 98 episodes.

I couldn't see if the project website itself says if it is completed, but if it is, maybe as you say, Rebirth didn't have any new/unique music.

I'm listening to season 2 at work today, it's a pretty impressive effort.

I contacted Mr Walsh again and asked him if he knew anything further, he suggested I call Sony Music in New York. so I've Tweeted them, I guess we'll see if that goes anywhere. I'm surprised it hasn't been released yet given how long it is now since he confirmed that it was finished.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Looks like the Rebirth episodes weren't already included, as they have now been released as well.

my nbn is too shitty to download this before i fall asleep

Just got around to looking at what's in the download. There apparently was a single new piece of music in season 4, everything else is bonus material.

A vinyl soundtrack was mentioned at Toyfair, I wonder if it is this thing or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    A vinyl soundtrack was mentioned at Toyfair, I wonder if it is this thing or something else?
    There was one on display in the Toyfair exhibit, but I don't think it has anything to do with this unlicensed production, as it only had a small selection of tracks listed on the case.
    I didn't see anything mentioned about it yet, but if it is being done by the same people who did the 1986 Movie soundtrack LP, we should hear something official about it.