Page 8 of 467 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Ethernet cable, no debate about it. When I started playing 'Killzone 2' I was getting constant disconnects, sometimes only finishing one out of every 10 matches, and that was with a Belkin N+ modem-router. I tried a wired connection, and I haven't had a single disconnect since I set it up a over a week-and-a-half ago.

I now have to put up with a 15m ethernet cable running from my kitchen through my loungeroom, but the result speaks for itself.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Oh man, finally started to play the ghostbusters game last night. Awesome fun. I've just gotten to the part where I blow up Mr staypuft.

The characters are excellent, VA is top notch. It's a quality release for sure. Time to go and destroy more stuff.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Ghostbusters is good fun. My only gripe was with the running and the constant knocking down you can recieve when trying to wrangle a ghost, as you get charged by another at the same time. That is frustrating. I had one session where I spent most of my time on the ground as I just kept getting whacked from off screen as soon as I got up.... No radar or anything to show you where the ghosties are until they attack.

Been having many hassles with the 3.10 update and my controller not syncing on startup. Ended up having to ring the help line and the guy said to turn the ps3 on with the controller connected by USB then pressing the ps button on the controller to set it up. So far it has worked ok.

He said it might be fixed in a later update. It better be its much annoying...

Since the syncing issue with the PS3 has come about, I finally finished Twilight Princess wii> It was enjoyable with some good boss fights, but I gt a sore arm from the "Magic tennis." I wich they would make the classic controller a default option as well as the nunchuk/wiimote for when I dont want to wave my hands around like an idiot. Which is all the time. The only game where I like the motion controls would probably be Madworld. All the rest, PASS!

yeah, I'd be so much happier with the Wii if I could use a classic/GC controller with all the games

Mad World and DBZ3 are the only games I liked with motion controls.

As I was suspended from the PSN for a few days, I thought it a good time to try out 'New Super Mario Bros. Wii'. Holy. Crap. This game rules. Pure nostalgic fun, a great mix of Mario 1, 3 and World, and although some of the last levels are diabolical in difficulty, a fantastic, highly addictive game. Addictive to the point it only took two nights for me to finish. Now I just have to go back and find the last few Star Coins I missed.

I'm not even gonna try to play NSMB Wii until I've finished ntsc-us SH: Shattered Memories at least once. Just too damn risky with that new update...It does sound awesome though!

I traded some games I'd finished into EB for 112 smackers this morning. I would have bought something new but all the big titles usually released around this time of year aren't coming out 'til Jan/Feb (is this gonna happen every time a new COD comes out around Xmas??). :/

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    I'm not even gonna try to play NSMB Wii until I've finished ntsc-us SH: Shattered Memories at least once. Just too damn risky with that new update...It does sound awesome though!
    It didn't make me do an update. In fact I can't remember the last time I had to do one. Probably over a month or two ago.

You must have already had 4.2E update. Some people with the HB channel have had success updating their Wii's to this version (which NSMW Wii requires you install) without losing the HB channel but it seems a bit hit and miss. I'd give it a go myself but if there is even a sliver of a chance of it delaying my ability to play a new Silent Hill game there is NO WAY I'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Ghostbusters is good fun. My only gripe was with the running and the constant knocking down you can recieve when trying to wrangle a ghost, as you get charged by another at the same time. That is frustrating. I had one session where I spent most of my time on the ground as I just kept getting whacked from off screen as soon as I got up.... No radar or anything to show you where the ghosties are until they attack.
    With my personal experience with "Ghostbusters" , you think that's bad wait till the "Cemetery Level" and I don't know if i would of finished the game without the Six Axis Function when dealing with the Stone Angels.

Tip: Don't forget you can dodge by pressing "ether" Circle or Square (can't remember which one) on the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Been having many hassles with the 3.10 update and my controller not syncing on startup. Ended up having to ring the help line and the guy said to turn the ps3 on with the controller connected by USB then pressing the ps button on the controller to set it up. So far it has worked ok.

He said it might be fixed in a later update. It better be its much annoying...

Since the syncing issue with the PS3 has come about, I finally finished Twilight Princess wii> It was enjoyable with some good boss fights, but I gt a sore arm from the "Magic tennis." I wich they would make the classic controller a default option as well as the nunchuk/wiimote for when I dont want to wave my hands around like an idiot. Which is all the time. The only game where I like the motion controls would probably be Madworld. All the rest, PASS!
    I know what you mean, as i have it as well ...
    I worked out with my one, that i have to hold the "PlayStation Button" on the controller down until it "syncs" and not just quickly press it like i did before when it was not connected with the USB Cable.

And although, i have only done it "once" i also tried turning on the the PS3 Slim with the power button and then syncing the controller and so far that has worked as well.
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 5th December 2009 at 06:03 PM.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Speaking of ghostbusters, just finished it.

The only real gripes I have is that a few times I felt at a dead end, so I just tried lots of different things until something happened. But I guess that's not all that bad.

The only technical problem I found was that in the cemetary level, Ray got "stuck" at the area with the belltower, so when I continued on, he was still talking, but just not there. It fixed itself in the final level of course.

All in all, totally worth the $10. This is actually the first game I felt like finishing since fallout3. No pointless grinding getting in the way. *cough* borderlands.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------