Page 286 of 307 FirstFirst ... 266276281282283284285286287288289290291296306 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3063

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Bato View Post
    That may be the case for you, but the show is quite popular in Japan as well :P

Personally I like it a lot, and having watched Frontier again recently, don't find particularly less action oriented than Macross F. (I mean, remember the whole high school visit episode?)
    Frontier was also popular by this point in time- and I'd argue for different reasons. I didn't deny that the series isn't popular- it's popular for different reasons from Frontier and certainly not because of story line as it is more about fan service.

By this time the Frontier plot was going at a great pace and had major events unfolding. Michel's death and plot devices coupled with great music and action. Here we get another pointless filler episode that could have been done better and no real unfolding of the story line again.

Transformer movies by Michael Bay are popular- does that mean it's good?

Anyone and everyone can like the series all they want- doesn't absolve it of any criticism which I think is merited. Certainly could be improved- series feels rushed and disjointed.

OK, so I've finished the construction of my Siegfried.
    These kits are really quite good. And has been a snap () to put together.
    With the exception of the stickers. OMG, the stickers. Theres about 3947 of them.

(After these pics were taken I spent about 2 hours applying the first 1000 or so...)

TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    OK, so I've finished the construction of my Siegfried.
    These kits are really quite good. And has been a snap () to put together.
    With the exception of the stickers. OMG, the stickers. Theres about 3947 of them.

(After these pics were taken I spent about 2 hours applying the first 1000 or so...)

If you cent detail the cockpit lines it would definitely lift the built.

Ha, yeah the stickers are making it look much better. But jeez, talk about fiddly. Very thin, with very fine tolerance in matching up with surrounding plastics and other stickers.
    In hindsight, I would have put the stickers on as I was building it.
    Oh, and there are 6 six stickers that go around the cockpit.
    I'll post pics when its done.
    I'm also going to panel line it after the stickers are done.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Ha, yeah the stickers are making it look much better. But jeez, talk about fiddly. Very thin, with very fine tolerance in matching up with surrounding plastics and other stickers.
    In hindsight, I would have put the stickers on as I was building it.
    Oh, and there are 6 six stickers that go around the cockpit.
    I'll post pics when its done.
    I'm also going to panel line it after the stickers are done.
    Normally you panel line first before stickers as you may dirty the stickers when you panel line.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Normally you panel line first before stickers as you may dirty the stickers when you panel line.
    Normally? I don't do anything normally.

Actually its due to impatience as I had to order panel line paint and it hasn't arrived.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon

What does "cent" mean?

What about using those Gundam makers for the panel lines?
    The model looks good though. What is your impression on it?
    Do you recommend it for those who missed out on the real thing?

I assume it's short hand for "accents"

Quote Originally Posted by Bato View Post
    I assume it's short hand for "accents"
    Think it was my auto spell I meant if you can do up the cockpit lines.

Yeah I assumed "accent." Like I said, there are stickers that do all the work for you. They just weren't applied for those photos. I have done a heap more since then, but not yet finished.

As for the kit, I am REALLY impressed with it. It is so much better than I expected. I think I will be happy for this to fill the VF-31 spot in my 'collection.'
    I would highly recommend it for those that missed the DX pre-order and dont mind having a 1/72 plastic model kit instead. Especially given the price point ($60 instead of $260, or whatever) and availability (i.e. is actually available).

There is only 2 pieces that have to be removed/reattached for transformation of the Valk itself (not inc different hands), and one for the weapons pod (that open green bit). Landing gear is a cheat and has to be attached although the bay doors doors open. So far the only dodgey joint on mine is one of the tail-fins pops off every time I move it.
    Didnt really rate the 31 until after this kit, but really digging it now. Its a pretty sweet valk, not as close to the VF-25 as I thought, but probably less of a deal to those familiar with the Chronos (of which I am not).
    The only issue I have with this is its scale. I would much prefer 1/60.

Kit includes both stickers and water slides, but I am only using the stickers on mine.
    Will post photos in all modes when finished.

I decided on panel lining paint instead of a gundam markers for no particular reason. Gundam pen would probably be better for after sticker panel lining...

I love you guys!

/review

* Full disclosure - this post was written under the influence of copious amounts of CC and dry. Opinions expressed may vary when not under the influence of CC.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon