Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fansproject 2012 - Project 01

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    An interesting update from FPC regarding the future direction of their operations. No further talk of international shipping, but I like the sound of more exclusives
    Well, it certainly clarifies the relationship between FansProject & FansProjectCore - Interesting to learn that FPC is actually based in the States, I'd always assumed that they were a Hong Kong outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Well, it certainly clarifies the relationship between FansProject & FansProjectCore - Interesting to learn that FPC is actually based in the States, I'd always assumed that they were a Hong Kong outfit.
    The English used by FPC made me suspect they were based in the US rather than Hong Kong, as Hong Kong style English is usually a little "odd" (not that I'm saying there aren't exceptions).

Update from FPC as can be seen here. If you missed out, preorders are going up for a limited second run of SteelCore on the 28th, which is tomorrow. It also features an update and a few CGI renders on the trailer. And while the trailer is a cool idea, I must say i'm disappointed that appears to just be a troop carrier. I expected armour upgrades and whatnot.

For the longest time now, there have been rumors of an accessory for the WB-002 Steel Core. Some may have even seen the prototype in person. Well, this thing is in development and we'd love to show some shots of the concepts and details that will go into the final product.

These of course are just the concept 3d images and details may change in production. We'll have more news on that as it comes and prototype shots as we get them.

Further to this news, I know that the bigger thing on everyone's mind has been "when will we see another release of the WB-002 Steel Core himself?". Well, we have been confirming numbers with FP and it seems like we will have another limited run of these available to the FPC community. Pre-orders are estimated to go up this Sunday October, 28th, 2012.

We are still working out details with FP on pricing, so please check back with us often over this weekend for more details. We appreciate everyone's patience in bringing these back, this was a big risk for FP as a manufacturer and FPC has had to do a lot of convincing just to be able to cover the first run. Having a second round is phenomenal for us and a true sign of appreciation from FP for the success of the first release. Of course, FP has been also been gracious enough to work with us on the trailer for this piece to complete the vision of the designers. As you can imagine, we are so happy that things have worked out the way they have.

We really thank FP for believing in FPC and the patience of the fan base in this community as we grow. We'd also like to thank all of our volunteers and people behind the scenes that have worked out bugs in the site, helped to fill our resource fall backs in customer service and fulfilment and the visionaries that helped consult on the overall direction of this idea.

Not only did this help with the launch of this web site and it's features for nominal costs, it allowed us to have a ground breaking product like Steel Core come to fruition. From the features of the site being fully customized and launched in a matter of a few months, to the 3 month promo and market turn around release of Steel Core (the very first product teasers on FPC in May, 2012 to shipping out the last unit in August, 2012). This has been a testiment to the efforts of everyone involved. Thanks again!

Both FP and FPC look forward to the future as FPC starts to realize the potential of sustainability with this project and hope to one day not rely only on the good graces of our help, but to be able to afford our own resources and run our own budgets that will develop much more than just retail products - which is the biggest vision of this group. We realize that retail is a quick way to help develop our budgets for this community, but don't want our emphasis to be taken away from the bigger picture that founded this community.

Even after all of this whirlwind of releases, what actually really surprised us was the outstanding amount of emails from new and old fans that did not even know of such releases or about the purpose of the fan site itself. As we grow, we hope to have in place more experts on our team that will help spread the word about FPC and gain more reach to other regions and facets online and even in the real world through events and shows.

We will have more news on the other side of things like site features, stories and overall direction of the member factions soon. And of course photos and developments in the WB-002 Trailer.

Watch for details on the Steel Core re-release and a big thanks to all the fans again!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Dammit I want but I have no money left

Anyone buy one for me and I fix em up when I get paid next?

I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't get an armour upgrade too - Steel has so much potential given his lankiness, tons of creative areas for parts-forming, and super-strong joints to support more plastic. Then again, just because they're making a trailer now, doesn't mean they can't bring out a parts-forming upgrade later right? FP has never confined themselves to just one upgrade set

Speaking of the trailer, what's the use of one Steel with multiple Powermasters? Maybe those other guys featured are just place holders - how awesome would it be for the trailer to contain a Targetmaster, a Shieldmaster(?), and a Melee-weapon-master?

And to resurrect an old thread with relevant news:

Courtesy of TFW

Hope it's more than spare seats.

Hmm, interesting...I don't have a Steelcore yet, but have been considering picking one up as a

If anyone could post some pics of the Steelcore breastforce-type robot with some of the Human Alliance Scouts and human figures (for size comparison purposes), that'd be much appreciated.

Zombie thread!!

So did anyone grab a trailer from FPCore Yesterday? And yes, it appears to only be a troop carrier

I'd like to support their cause, but there are just far too many other awesome offerings in the coming months. I get the feeling that the exclusive items may just be repainted Sidearms or Corer's.

I do appreciate their very honest ad-copy:

Quote Originally Posted by FP Core
    Please note: unfortunately, the trailer will not transform into a crazy cyber badger or become industructible armour.
    Unfortately a crazy cyber badger and/or indestructible armour was exactly what I want

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!