Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Things you regret collecting (non-TF)

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    I'm gonna admit this, I regret some of the CDs I have bought, espically all the s**tty metalcore albums I have bought. Looking at you Asking Alexandria and Black Veil Brides

I don't regret the nu metal albums though.
    "WAKE ME UP
    WAKE ME UP INSIDE
    CAN'T WAKE UP
    WAKE ME UP INSIDE
    SAVE ME
    CALL MY NAME AND SAVE ME FROM THE DARK"
    Is that from the 80's (boy) duo WHAM!?
    Wake me up before you go go......

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I love my metal CD collection as if it were my own child. Never parting with it!
    The same attitude I have to my metal collection and while we're on the subject of CDs, I regret buying CDs that turned out to be crap with only one or two good songs (back then there was no internet).

Before World of Warcraft was released, I was a huge Blizzard fan. I loved Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft and ended up buying several action figures that although had hardly articulation, looked good as small scale statues.

However, after Warcratft III came out, the founding members of Blizzard entertainment left and the company drastically changed direction to WoW - At first, I was a bit concerned but not skeptical and even gave the MMO a full hearty go. However it soon became clear that the franchise had been watered down to please the masses, the lore was now simplistic and shallow 'goodies vs Baddies' and much of what I liked about Warcraft had been changed or dumbed down. My enthusiasm for Blizzard was largely evaporating and in turn, I no longer felt good about owning my Warcraft stuff.

Then Starcraft II came out and that turned out to be just an unimaginative rehash of the previous game in an attempt to keep everything 'familiar and safe'. Another Blizzard franchise that I lost interest in..

Then Diablo III came out, it was dull and boring and couldn't even finish the second chapter - The final nail.

I now no longer care about Blizzard stuff but have a large box full of action figures. Not sure what to do with them so I just hoard them in a corner.
    Last edited by kup; 7th October 2015 at 12:33 PM.

I regret White Dwarf magazine. Cool if you're into Games Workshop stuff but with continual edition changes and new rules, all the old playable scenarios become obsolete. Do I keep them and flick through them occasionally for nostalgia's sake? Or do I just recycle the lot and be done with it?
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Hey Kup I agree with everything you just said about Blizzard stuff. The magic has gone and they really could of pumped out more sequels for Starcraft and Diablo after the originals, but they let the fans wait for to long. I have some Warcraft figures, and a figure of Diablo, I don't have any of the original Starcraft figures but they were at one stage very expensive on ebay. I don't regret Diablo because he is awesome.
    Neca currently has the licence for Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm. I might be interested in Tyrael and the Lich King because they were important characters in the original games in the Warcraft and Diablo franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    I regret White Dwarf magazine. Cool if you're into Games Workshop stuff but with continual edition changes and new rules, all the old playable scenarios become obsolete. Do I keep them and flick through them occasionally for nostalgia's sake? Or do I just recycle the lot and be done with it?
    I have a pile of them I never read. I'm sure there is someone on a 40k or Warhammer forum that would want them though.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    I had a big stack of white dwarf magazines and rulebooks, since I have moved on from the hobby I just put some in the recycling, some for charity and just a few I keep for reference because I love the pictures and the artwork. The new magazines look amazing though I wont be buying any I just have a browse in the newsagent when they are not sealed.