Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hill Valley - October 21st 2015

The third movie is on tonight (would have already started in the southern states).

I just saw this youtube clip tonight, showing something I never realised before - one of the various changes to the timeline in 1985 when Marty returns is the name of the shopping centre where the Doc was doing his first experiments.
    At the start of the movie it was Twin Pines, but after Marty destroyed one of the two Peabody pine trees in 1955, the name of the shopping centre was Lone Pine at the end of the movie.
    That just blew my mind... that the writers actually threw in that bonus little change that had nothing to do with the plot of the movie.

So now that we've passed yet another famous "future" date from a scifi movie, what's some next ones?
    I can't think of anything obvious.

Speaking of the third movie, Nick Roche posted on Twitter last week that he had a friend who had the odd belief that at the end of the trilogy Doc was going to the moon.

I responded that I also thought Doc was going to the moon, and he thought I was joking. But I explained that no I've always thought this was the case. Actually until his tweet I never knew people thought anything else or that it was an ambiguous scene.

Doc and Clara talk about going to the moon one day earlier in the film. Doc says he's not going to the future as he's already been there. The train is airtight. The train converts and flies off into the sky. I never, ever thought they were time travelling until Nick's post made me doubt the way I've always interpreted that scene. (I guess in the future trains would fly but he just said he's not going to the future!)

(The other thing that I realised on BTTF Day was that the film features a Doctor who travels in time and space with a school teacher named Clara... which is a bit familiar these days!)