Page 18 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232838 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Last year when I found Decepticon Frenzy there was another guy who was holding a bunch of Transformers in his arms and I tried to strike up a conversation with me but he just flatly ignored me, continued browsing the TF shelves for a bit, then promptly left. Couldn't tell if he was just some really anti-social collector or a scalper... (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    I love that look, i had an argument with a bioch at a Toyworld once:

She said "Well at least your not one of those loosers that comes in here to buy them for them selves".

I responded with "Well actually it is for me"

Her: "Oh bit childish isn't it"

Me: "I serve this great nation to support the fact that we are free to do as we feel"

Then it got nasty and i got her manager and made her apologise
    ZING! That is brilliant.

I have had a chat to some chicks at the shops about TFs they were like "my Dad likes Tfs and he blah blah blah......"

Problem is I am probably the same age as their dads....

Another time, I was having a coffee after purchasing the red coloured RID Sideburn. I whipped him out of the box and the chick delivering my coffee says

"You still play with toys!?!?" ( With a patronising look.)

I say "Yep and I don't have to serve people coffee to afford them either."

Man I can be a real bastard sometimes

benben2142 Guest

Hey guys I just wanted to know, if I bought a mp-05 of www.hlj.com and a custom saw it and took it will I get a letter saying that it was taken? Or what will happen?

benben2142 Guest

And also how much is shipping for this guy http://www.collectoybles.com.au/cata...oducts_id=2827

Hello guys I need some help, I know it's illegal to own MP-05 without a permit, but what about TFC reissue Megatron? I just got a letter saying that mine was held by the custom

Any help would be much appreciated.

TFC Megatron (along with Encore etc) is illegal for the same reason as MP-05. Whilst the permits issued by NSW Firearms _should_ cover TFC Megatron (since they list "Megatron Transformer" as the subject of the approved collection), I'm not aware of any precedents in Victoria that would legitimise your TFC Megatron.

There is some discussion of the situation in NSW here. I know it doesn't really _help_ the situation in Victoria, but it might explain the parallels between the two toys as far as the law is concerned.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Like dirge said...

Unfortunately this only applies to NSW. Regarding Victorian fans

Masterpiece Megatron has been made illegal in Victoria, Australia. At present there is no process available for legal importation or ownership. Please feel free to contact your local firearms registry, police ministry or member of parliament using the letters and information provided on the NSW page to try and change this.
    (Source)
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 18th February 2008 at 08:39 PM.

Sorry guys - it looks like the State and Territory governments have cracked down. The NSW process is not too complicated and it works.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm