Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Was there an equivalent He-man as well?
    The equivalent He-Man was Thunder Punch. The corresponding vintage 'leader' toys went:

1982. He-Man and Skeletor.
    1984. Battle-Armor He-Man and Battle-Armor Skeletor.
    1985. Thunder Punch He-Man, Dragon Blaster Skeletor, Hordak, She-Ra, Catra.
    1986. Flying Fists He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, Hurricane Hordak, Starburst She-Ra, Scratchin' Sound Catra.
    1987. Buzz Saw Hordak, Bubble Power She-Ra, Shower Power Catra.
    1988. Laser Power He-Man, Laser Light Skeletor.
    1989. New Adventures He-Man, NA Skeletor.
    1990. Battle Punch He-Man, Disk Of Doom Skeletor.
    1992. NA Thunder Punch He-Man, Battle Blade Skeletor.

I was just having a quick look on the online portion of Channel 7's PLus7 or whatever they call it on my PS3, and I spied and episode of MOTU from the 80s!! Episode 43 I think it was.

Howsabout that hey??
    I've been catching up with the old MotU cartoon for a while there, I haven't seen it since I was a kid. Very cheesy but fun.

There are 49 eps. up so far:
    http://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/he-man-...-the-universe/

I have started to fix the 'Pretty cool, huh?' Stinkor reversed arms. The pins were much easier to remove than anticipated but then I discovered that the extra 200x Stinkor head had crappily applied paint on his head

I had to fix his eye brows and nose which one side had an excess of white paint making it thicker and changing his expression to something weird rather than menacing. Also the head stripe 'leans' to one side so it doesn't exactly run straight to the back of his head..

From the massive paint omissions in Horde Prime, to these defects with Stinkor, is there no Official toy company that cares about quality and a good customer experience anymore? Very frustrating.

I was chatting about good stuff from the 80s with a friend and I nudged the conversation onto He-man and Transformers. Then he joked about the name He-man.

Any info around as to how/why the name "He-man" was settled upon (Aside from the obvious manliness (times two) and muscles)?

Any info around as to how/why the name "He-man" was settled upon (Aside from the obvious manliness (times two) and muscles)?
    Roger Sweet was into bodybuilding and thought He-Man was a good generic name like Action Man, so the character could be (and do) anything. As long as it was manly. His original pitch to the Mattel bigwigs was the He-Man Trio, the 'three' Vykron toys being released this week at SDCC:

Original pitch -> Emiliano Santalucia's interpretation -> Final Vykron toy.

Re: The SDCC revelations so far...

Granamyr is shite and not worth even a fraction of $80, but the Great Unrest Weapons Pak is brilliant. Also, I love the way that they've turned the nadir that is Spector into something brilliant by making him UK comics Horde Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by MATTYCOLLECTOR
    2013 Club Eternia Figures January - March

January: Netossa™

February: Jitsu®

March: Fang Man™

Club-Exclusive Figure: Song Master®

Who the hell is Song Master?
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    Who the hell is Song Master?
    That list's not real, Fatbot. Last year they accidentally posted the list, then tried to cover it up by posting 'fake reveals' like this. This year they've just continued the trend for fun and to generate interest. Song Master would be Songster: http://io9.com/5901792/meet-he+mans-...buddy-songster The previous lists were:

January: Glimmer™/Rio Blast™
    February: Clamp Champ™/Plundar®
    March: Hydron™/Spinerella®
    Club-Exclusive Figure: King Miro™/He-Man 2.0™

I'd be happy with any of the monthlies, but both those Club Exclusives are awful - they have to have something better than those two if they want to sell subscriptions. Song Master, however, would be awesome.

Oh my god! that guy has a tank for a face - A Tank For A Face!!!
    That's some cool history though behind the line, I never knew about the original pitch & such so these sorts of figures being released kind of hit me on that vestigial level.

Um... I assumed this too was a joke but people are taking it seriously. Castle Grayskullman...

(If it is real, the boots and Grayskull flag swords are great.)

MOTUC “Create a Character” Contest Winner Revealed

Posted by Admin on July 13th, 2012

He-Fans and She-Ravers,

After almost one year and over 1,300 entries, we have a winner of our Masters of the Universe® Create a Character Contest!

During the Mattypalooza fan panel at SDCC it was revealed that “Castle Grayskullman,” created by Daniel Benedict, was chosen as the top entry and will be made into an actual figure available this fall as part of the 30th Anniversary line.

The contest gave fans the opportunity to create a new MOTUC character based on bucks from existing 6” figures. It was the perfect chance for them to let their creativity shine.

The panel of eight judges included members of Mattel’s marketing, entertainment, packaging, and design departments. They evaluated each entry, looking for concepts that had an original name and look, used approximately 50% shared parts, were easily translated into a toy, and fit into the world of MOTU. Daniel’s “Castle Grayskullman” wowed the judges, cleverly incorporating details from the vintage Castle Grayskull® Playset.

The big announcement was made during the SDCC fan panel, where new art created specifically for Daniel’s concept was also revealed. In addition, Daniel will receive a 2013 Club Eternia® subscription, and he will be interviewed for an article right here on MattyCollector.com. Best of all, he’ll have lifelong bragging rights as creator of a new MOTUC character!

In addition to the winning entry, five runner-ups were also announced during the SDCC fan panel, and each of them will also receive a 2013 club subscription.

We congratulate Daniel and the runner-ups, and thank everyone who submitted for an incredible turnout!

–Matty

P.S. Per the contest’s Official Rules and entry form, all entries remain the sole property of Mattel and may not be used or posted by anyone else (including any entrant), in any way, for any purpose.