Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Soundwarp watches Beast Wars

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    BTW glad to see your enjoying Beast Wars Warps. Although you might want to slow down your viewing. I watched seasons 2 and 3 too quickly the first time around and really didn't absorbe them properly.
    It took me about 1 week each to watch Headmasters/Masterforce/Victory & I soaked up everything in them (Although Headmasters was a bit of a struggle at times... ). It's strange how when we get engrossed in a series, it makes us wanna watch one episode after another (For example, I've already watched Seasons 1 & 2 of "The Office" in about 4 days & I can't wait to crack into Seasons 3 & 4 ).

Viewing marathons are fun.

The thing with Beast Machines is that it is a very ambitious concept. Some may argue that it was over-ambitious.

Beast Wars strikes a good balance in terms of appealing to different audiences. There's plenty of stuff in BW for kids to enjoy but at the same time there's a lot in Beast Wars which is obviously intended for adults (a lot of stuff which just flies over the heads of children)... but at the same time it doesn't exclude kids. Beast Machines breaks that balance and is really just too adult.

I quite like Beast Machines - it's a very, very philosophical story, and at that level I really enjoyed it. Anyway, that's probably all I can say without stepping into spoiler territory.

I would recommend Beast Machines to Soundwarp though if he's interested in seeing a story of beast vs machine Transformers. It is also the actual sequel to Beast Wars too (essentially "seasons 4 and 5" for Beast Wars).

Beast Machines is excellent and horribly misunderstood by most of the fandom.

Beast Machines isn't for everyone. I suspect that Soundwarp probably _wont_ appreciate it. It's well written sci-fi etc, but it's a _poor_ kids cartoon, and not so great at selling toys.

That's not to say you shouldn't give it a go, Soundwarp - but I wanted to counterbalance the sci-fi-love of Beast Machines above.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    OMG

I was going to wait until the end of the season for a review but i just saw Code of Hero and it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far season 2 is getting:

8.5/10
    I thought you'd like that one, i know it's my favourite episode.
    I liked Beast Machines but I'm not sure you would Soundwarp, I would think it would take 6-8 episodes to really make up your mind about that series.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Beast Machines isn't for everyone. I suspect that Soundwarp probably _wont_ appreciate it. It's well written sci-fi etc, but it's a _poor_ kids cartoon, and not so great at selling toys.
    To be fair, I dont think the Beast Machines toys helped much in that regard either.

While I personally believe that as a standalone series, it is a fairly poor continuation of it's preceding show.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    To be fair, I dont think the Beast Machines toys helped much in that regard either.
    Hell no. But even if the toys were fantastic, the fact is that the BM cartoon is more sci-fi and less kid's cartoon.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister