Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firestorm's Fan Characters

The winds of change are blowing

Names: Headwind & Tailwind
    Allegience: Decepticons
    Altmode: Figther Jets
    Mottos: "Prepare to be blown away!" - Headwind "Can't I just blow this off?...." - Tailwind
    Bios: There are plenty of Decepticons who believe in their cause, plenty of fanatics. very few however are as devoted as Headwind, who rivals even the DJD in her fanaticism. 110% loyal to the Decepticons, Headwind wants nothing more than to prove herself useful. Especially to her idol the Decepticon second in Command, Starscream.
    Unlike his Spark-Sister, Tailwind isn't quite so gung-ho in fighting for the decepticons, He'd rather be kicking back with a tall mug of Engex, than be out flying and shooting and risking his life. If he didn't care so much for his sister, he would have never joined the Decepticons with her, and would never have gotten involved in this crazy war.
    It's a good thing Tailwind has stuck around though, as together with his sister they form the powerful Galeforce

Yeah, I've gone with twins again. These two were an idea I had in my mind for a while. a brother-sister duo of decepticons with vastly different personalities. and a wind theme.
    to show her devotion to the 'cons, Headwind is designed with her Tailfins from jet mode forming a Decepticon Insignia, Tailwind's fins do too, but his isn't as obvious. (and yeah, The design of their robot modes are based somewhat on a mix of G1 and Prime Starscream)
    The idea is both transform into the same type of jet, but transform differently so that they have slightly different robot modes.
    and yes, "Galeforce" is coming up next :wink:

Alternative, realistic jet colours

Original Sketch

CYCLONE! TRIGGER!

Name: Galeforce
    Allegence: Decepticon
    Altmode: None
    Motto: There's a storm coming, and that storm is me.
    Bio: The powerful combined form of Headwind and Tailwind, Galeforce boasts the ability to create powerful bursts of wind, strong enough to send even the largest of Cybertronians hurtling away.
    Apathetic and Solely focussed on serving the decepticons Galeforce's personality is a combination of both of it's component parts. it doesn't matter much to Galeforce who gets caught in the crossfire, as long as the target is dealt with.

my first attempt at a combining character, Galeforce was... an interesting experiment. I may someday try doing a full 5 character gestalt, but for now I'm happy with just Galeforce.
    I had a lot of trouble coming up with a design I was happy with for this one, and then just as much trouble creating a colour layout. as I was torn between doing something more logical, like a Safeguard/Kamen Rider W style Lengthways half and half layout, or more of a mishmash with contrasting colours.
    obviously it would be pretty much impossible for Galeforce to ever be made as a toy given how illogical it's parts layout is, but hey, at least it looks cool. (plus you know, it'd never be a toy anyway)

Original Sketch

Alternate Colour layout

Playing with Background layer effects

"Feh, Turbo-revvin' young punk"

Name: "Nanatron"
    Allegiance: Decepticon
    Alt-Mode: Small WWII-era tank
    Motto: Survival on the battlefield, starts with a good strategy
    Bio: Few Decepticons would ever be brazen or foolish enough to ever talk back to Megatron, knowing that doing so would likely result in them staring down the barrel of his fusion cannon. "Nanatron" however has no qualms about putting the young tyrant in his place. having survived millions of years on the battlefield has made her almost fearless. or at least that's what it seems like to others. In actuality "Nanatron" never makes a move without first weighing up all the possible outcomes.
    in a past life she was a brilliant scholar and one of the sharpest minds on all of Cybertron, teaching others who were eager to learn. But after the war began, she found a better use for her mind. crafting countless military strategies and quickly rising up the ranks in the Decepticon army. her Tactical brilliance has gotten her out of countless seemingly hopeless situations. and her continued success in the field has shown her just how powerful her tactical mind is. with it she can lead the Decepticon army to victory. She knows that she can talk back to Megatron, because she also knows that she's too valuable to his cause to let anything happen to her.

Umm.. so here we have my latest... ahh.... creation.
    I wanted this character to be a little old lady who was tough as nails and would even tell off Megatron without any hesitation.
    I aimed for a sort of regal look to her with the flowing shoulder tread, monocle and cane. and wanted her personality to also contain a mix of regal refinement with being savage and bloodthirsty.
    fun fact, this character is also partially based on my year 9 maths teacher.
    oh also, her cane in robot mode is made from her tank mode gun barrel and can double as a bang stick like weapon.
    I'm not really sure on the colour scheme for her, and I had a heap of trouble coming up with a name for her. (I'm open to suggestions.) so for now I am just using the nickname "Nanatron"
    next time I'll post something that isn't a female Decepticon. I swear

Original Sketch

Another Drawing

"There's been an outbreak"

Name: Carsick
    Allegiance: Decepticon
    Alt-Mode: Velocitronian Speedster
    Motto: "When it comes to winning, anything goes."
    Bio: Originally a famed racer on Velocitron, Carsick loved to win races. he was absolutely obsessed with winning and with the fame and admiration that came from it. Never wanting his winning streak to end, he turned to less than acceptable measures. Augmenting his body, and fueling himself with an unstable super-concoction of his own creation in an attempt to improve his top speed and assure future victories, Carsick would stop at nothing to remain on top.
    as better, faster racers continued to make names for themselves Carsick, his mind warped by his obsession to winning and by the addictive negative affects of his fuel became more and more ruthless and reckless in his endless hunger for victory. building booby traps into his vehicle mode as well as powerful neuro-toxins to unleash on the competition, Carsick was finally found to be cheating and was banished from ever being allowed to race again.
    shamed, banished and suffering the affects of everything he had done to his body, Carsick's became filled with a thirst for revenge, attacking and infecting citizens the citizens of Velocitron by night. using his neuro-toxins to cause hallucinations, disorientation, and in some cases, forced stasis. if carsick can't race, then no one can. and those big shots like Override and Blurr who banished him will suffer the worst.

So here we have my newest character, Carsick. born entirely from a name, I'm actually really happy with this characer. and how he turned out. I don't feel like I touched on it enough in the (rather long) bio i wrote, but the idea is that he's able to cause various debilitating affects to other cybertronian's minds (ie: making cars, sick)
    next time comes one of my oldest fan-characters

Original Sketch

Alt Mode
    (I can't draw cars to save my life)

Attempt at shading
    Last edited by Firestorm; 22nd August 2016 at 02:39 AM.