Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: @ the Mardi Gras

Default @ the Mardi Gras

Notice: This thread contains pictures from the 2008 Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras. Although none of them contain anything sexually explicit if you'd rather not look then hit the BACK button on your browser now.
    Proceed under your own discretion.

Last night I attended the 2008 Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras with my Optimus Prime Voice Changer helmet on. Here are the photos taken from my camera...

Click here to view all my mardi gras photos.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Were you going as a gay or as a lesbian Gok?

Looks like it was heaps of fun either way....

Next time I expect you to invite me and we'll cosplay some Thundercracker and Skywarp!

"Hewwo bunny wabbits....teeheehee"
    Last edited by TheDirtyDigger; 2nd March 2008 at 08:53 PM. Reason: added filth

The one night in where someone in an Optimus Prime mask is not the strangest sight one might see.

Any Transformer-themed float or group given the movie was out last year?

What TF/s do you think would best represent the GLBTI community (following Paulbot's suggestion of TF-themed floats/costumes)? I don't want to resort to cliches of vain or self-obsessed TFs like Sunstreaker...

While recognising that gay people as a diverse as any other group of people, are there TFs who resonate better with events like Mardi Gras?

BTW, nice pix Gok.
    Last edited by SofaMan; 2nd March 2008 at 10:20 PM.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

A couple of years back my wife's hens night was on mardi gras night. All her friends dressed her up in a tutu, a fluffy halo, glitter, angel wings and all that stuff. Every club they went too, everyone asked her how the mardi gras was.

I'm still surprised you weren't shot at for concealing your face Gok!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

having a happy time there gok
    wished i could have the chance to go Sydney once just for that event

Quote Originally Posted by SofaMan View Post
    What TF/s do you think would best represent the GLBTI community (following Paulbot's suggestion of TF-themed floats/costumes)? I don't want to resort to cliches of vain or self-obsessed TFs like Sunstreaker...

While recognising that gay people as a diverse as any other group of people, are there TFs who resonate better with events like Mardi Gras?
    I like Cloudburst as a good representation because his uncomfortable scene with the leader on Femax is something many a gay guy has had to face.

Mega and Giga have quite outlandish costumes that would work on a float. In fact you could easily adapt the outfits of the Headmaster Jrs as well and make that a theme.

Cloudburst's uncomfortable moment with the Femax Queen wasn't so much because he's gay but because he's asexual... although I can see where you're getting at in terms of having a woman coming onto him where he's clearly not interested in her in that way at all. Let's hope most other gay guys don't get decapitated for it like poor Cloudburst did. That scene reminds me of that scene in Futurama where Zap, Kiff and Fry are sentenced to death by Shnoo-Shnoo. ;D

I'd say the most "gayest" Transformers that I would put on a float would be Airazar (no, that's not a typo - I mean Airazar, not Airazor) and Tigatron. Airazar is the Japanese version of Airazor who is male and formed a romantic bond with good ol' Tigatron.

"Tell you what... truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it..." (Brokeback Mountain)