Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The OTCA fan repaint/remold wish-list thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You mean like this?

Note: best of all, this toy was actually called Wheeljack and _not_ Downshift!

Those poor Downshifts!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I really wish they had a Wheeljack for Classics. I would go as far as settling for a Downshift repaint with either smokey grey or blue clear plastic and the mentioned silver (or black) joint bits instead of green.

Somthing like this

Yeah, Downshift is a pretty crap mold but he does look like Wheeljack.
    Wheeljack form planet Crapatron.

While he does look more like Wheeljack I gotta side with Goktimus, those combiners crummyness outweighed their tribute factor. I'd rather wait years for a new mold than accept one of them as a repaint, it'd be Hasbro Springer all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Wheeljack form planet Crapatron.

While he does look more like Wheeljack I gotta side with Goktimus, those combiners crummyness outweighed their tribute factor. I'd rather wait years for a new mold than accept one of them as a repaint, it'd be Hasbro Springer all over again.
    I'll agree that an Energon Downshift repaint is far from the best scenario but I can't agree with Gok that Cybertron Downshift is the better tribute despite being the better toy.

However I will agree that I would rather wait for a proper Wheeljack mold than have the Energon Downshift repaint.

Saw this and it ain't a bad concept:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...r-p1010010.jpg

An interesting retool of Ultimate Battle Megatron

RE: Downshift-->Wheeljack -- while a whole new mould would be cool, given the choice between a repainted Energon Downshift or a repainted Cybertron Downshift for Classicsverse, I'd take the latter.

....And Shockwave! We need a Purple Shockwave!!

After how well Cyb Downshift worked as Big Baddy I reckon a Wheeljack repaint would be kinda disappointing.
    Moving on...

RiD Scourge-themed Cybertron Optimus Prime with RotF Jetfire-coloured Cybertron Wing Saber and Cybertron Nemesis Breaker reissue.

We need an original Classicsverse Shockwave mould... NOT a repainted Energon Shockblast. Energon Shockblast, while a neat toy in its own right, doesn't evoke G1 Shockwave to me... mostly cos he doesn't transform into a space gun. Oh, and the gigantic gun-arm too. Also, Energon Shockblast is already purple... whatcha gonna do - make him more purple?? Lame.

We need a new mould of G1 Shockwave who transforms into a scifi space gun... and yes, make it purple. I don't mind if it's another Nerf Gun like Classics Megatron. Can we not have an orange tip on the barrel since it's not a realistic gun mode? And even if the barrel is orange tipped (please not the entire barrel) -- surely we don't need clown colours all over the rest of the toy like we had with Classics Megs. <shudder>

This would do alright IMO.
    I'm not rich enough to get it and happy with Animated Shockers, but it is freaking sweet.

As far as repaint/remolds go, a Darkmount remold with a gun that could cover/replace his robot-mode hand, or maybe SE Megatron, with a new head would make an OK Shockwave, since we're not likely to get a space-gun any more than we'll see a Soundwave as a tape player. I quite like Shockblast but he's no Shockwave ('cept in Japan).

And Now looking at my Cybertron Toyshelf I kinda want a repaint of Cybertron Scourge as Beast Wars Dinobot. Dunno how it would work in fiction terms but still. Me wantee. AND a repaint of Hot Shot/Excellion in legends Class Bumblebee colours.

Man I wish I could paint.