Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 21217181920212223 LastLast

Thread: The Pokemon Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Moon? Sun?

Saw people queuing at 8pm last night for a midnight launch. I will get eventually, I still have post-story stuff to do in Omega Ruby first!
    Like what, Paul? I literally just finished Omega Ruby Delta episode tonight. Dunno if I want to keep adding to the pokedex or just move onto another game?

Delta Episode is the thing I need to do!

So Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are coming to 3DS systems on November 17th. To me, it seems that this'll be like Platinum, Crystal, Emerald etc. in which it'll be an extension of the original storyline. More info, and the trailer from the direct, can be found here: http://www.serebii.net

...Also Gold and Silver are finally making their way to the VC

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by '07Camaro View Post
    So Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are coming to 3DS systems on November 17th. To me, it seems that this'll be like Platinum, Crystal, Emerald etc. in which it'll be an extension of the original storyline. More info, and the trailer from the direct, can be found here: http://www.serebii.net

...Also Gold and Silver are finally making their way to the VC
    All win, although I was expecting Ultra Sun and Moon (or whatever they were to be called!) to hit the Switch as well. Maybe next gen.

Gold and Silver were/are my favourite (technically Heart gold/Souls Silver are) pokemon games of all time, but I think like red/Blue?yellow, that I will not enjoy them as much as the remakes as they will still have the old physical/special split and TMs being restricted to one use really ties your hands!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    All win, although I was expecting Ultra Sun and Moon (or whatever they were to be called!) to hit the Switch as well. Maybe next gen.

Gold and Silver were/are my favourite (technically Heart gold/Souls Silver are) pokemon games of all time, but I think like red/Blue?yellow, that I will not enjoy them as much as the remakes as they will still have the old physical/special split and TMs being restricted to one use really ties your hands!
    I have the same opinion. I consider GS/HGSS as the PERFECT Pokemon games. Although, I am not sure if I'll get the VC releases, as I already have the original Silver cartridge (I don't mind the dead save battery).

As for US and UM on the Switch, I think it's a bit early for it to be on that console, as it was just released. On the bright side, I don't have to spend $400 on a new console + the game.

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"

US/M is an even bigger cash grab then the previous 3rd versions have been.
    At least with Yellow/Crystal/etc etc etc you knew you were getting a mixture of the previously released duo with a little extra while this releasing the 3rd game as two separate games is unacceptable, it should have been either a patch or a cheap DLC if they were just going to release SuMo again with minor changes.
    It feels exactly the same as what all the other game companies are doing, releasing an unfinished product then releasing an "upgraded" version a little after the fact.
    Will not be purchasing and honestly this move has put me off the franchise completely (for the immediate future at least)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    US/M is an even bigger cash grab then the previous 3rd versions have been.
    At least with Yellow/Crystal/etc etc etc you knew you were getting a mixture of the previously released duo with a little extra while this releasing the 3rd game as two separate games is unacceptable, it should have been either a patch or a cheap DLC if they were just going to release SuMo again with minor changes.
    It feels exactly the same as what all the other game companies are doing, releasing an unfinished product then releasing an "upgraded" version a little after the fact.
    Will not be purchasing and honestly this move has put me off the franchise completely (for the immediate future at least)
    Lets hope that it is more like Black and White 2 where it was a new story and updated legendaries and events. I think that even the Pokemon company are not silly enough to go backwards and make two minor update games and try and sell them on the same console as the original games were.

If they are just slight updates they will be the first main pokemon games I will not pick up (since nintendo games never go on sale) but I really think we are in for a new game suing the same location with new enemies and the altered legendaries.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Lets hope that it is more like Black and White 2 where it was a new story and updated legendaries and events. I think that even the Pokemon company are not silly enough to go backwards and make two minor update games and try and sell them on the same console as the original games were.
    I think they'll be as much of an update as Platinum was to Diamond & Pearl; updated avatars, graphics & animations, new pokemon forms etc. with very minor changes to the story. If this is the case then I think GF did this as an appetiser for a potential new game coming out for the Switch. Then again, what proof is there of that being the case

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"

Lets hope that it is more like Black and White 2 where it was a new story and updated legendaries and events
    From what I've heard the nintendo direct talk about this said it's basically the same game just with an alternate storyline and the weird necrozma solgaea/lunalla abomination.
    So no, not a real sequel but just an altered game with a little extra, the same as any other 3rd pokemon game, but split into two games rather then one for maximum rip off potential

Anyone able to find a spare code for Marshadow?
    I've been to a couple of Ebgames this week and they were out of event codes for it.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|