View Poll Results: Cartoon or Toy Color Scheme?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cartoon (Grey)

2 12.50%
  • Toy (Purple)

11 68.75%
  • Both

3 18.75%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FansToys FT-12 Grenadier (Bombshell)

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I like this more than BadCubes after hunting down the side by side. FansToys crits my wallet again! But as mentioned before... Sludge???

Kickback was my most wanted decepticon early on as a kid, cant wait to see theirs! (Later it was apeface, then darkwing/dreadwind ghydra/buster)).

So I wonder are they going down the same path as soar and are they going to make a toy accurate purple chest and toon accurate grey?

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    They've got my attention. One of the first times I've seriously considered going for it instead of waiting for the inevitable (and generally superior) TakaraTomy release.
    Inevitable seems a bit strong a word for Insecticons, particularly since as far as I can recall of the 8 or 9+ 3rd party MP style toys released so far that I can think of, only one has been subsequently released and superseded by TakTom.

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    So I wonder are they going down the same path as soar and are they going to make a toy accurate purple chest and toon accurate grey?

Inevitable seems a bit strong a word for Insecticons, particularly since as far as I can recall of the 8 or 9+ 3rd party MP style toys released so far that I can think of, only one has been subsequently released and superseded by TakTom.
    Yep, 2 versions up for pre-order on tfidownunder. Already placed mine for the toy accurate (i went for toy accurate soar too).

Edit: i got toy soar cos i had swoop as a kid, i also had 2 insecticons so i've gone toy accurate, but also cos i love the purple, and with skywarp, quakewave and not-reflector i think it'll all look good. The only regret i have with soar is that the blue would've been a nice mix-up amidst all the grey/gold/red.

For those pre-ordering are you going for Purple (Toy accurate) or Grey (Toon accurate)?

Can OP perhaps start a poll?

Cheers.

Im Going for the Grey just for a change

I've gone purple so the insecticons look uniform as a team and that's how I remember him, even though I usually go for toon colours

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    I've gone purple so the insecticons look uniform as a team and that's how I remember him, even though I usually go for toon colours

But if you want a uniform team. Purple Shell is the odd one out. The other two are black

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    But if you want a uniform team. Purple Shell is the odd one out. The other two are black
    The other two have other parts purple on them though

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    The other two have other parts purple on them though
    Yes your right. I was not thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Jigga View Post
    For those pre-ordering are you going for Purple (Toy accurate) or Grey (Toon accurate)?

Can OP perhaps start a poll?

Cheers.
    Okay.

I'm going with toy (purple) although I'd normally choose cartoon accuracy. He should still have a purple top in alt mode anyway, and I think he'll look out of place if the others have purple chests and he doesn't.
    Which brings us to where we are today...