Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Bay will not be directing TF5

Default Michael Bay will not be directing TF5

You ever had one of those days when you notice the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and everything is right with the world. And then you read the news that your childhood robot franchised will no longer be bastardized with eyecandy T&A of humans!

Michael Bay will not be directing Transformers 5. Discuss.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I don't get the Michael Bay hate, as much as his movies aren't Oscar winning dramas they are still entertaining films and they've made the transformers franchise so much bigger than it was before 2007.

sure another director might have made movies that were more heavily G1 inspired, but those same movies might have bombed at the box office and transformers might have faded into comparative obscurity.

I'm excited to see who replaces him, how they manage infusing their own style into the designs of the transformers and the filming of the movies as a whole. I think too rapid a change will be jarring.
    Who would I like to see do it, Jon Favreau. I think he would get it.

there are others but he's at the top of my list.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Link for those of you that need confirmation. http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...mers-5-181444/

Now we just have to hope TF5 gets someone in charge that isn't a hack like Bay and treats the franchise with respect.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

IGN Confirmed. yea they are a trust worthy bunch aren't they? how do we know this isn't just a stunt from bay to get a bigger pay check lol?

Yay. But I will believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    IGN Confirmed. yea they are a trust worthy bunch aren't they?
    I don't pay attention to their movie reporting, but their games reporting is accurate and trustworthy. Tho they don't write up a ton of news as they are a preview and review focused site and therefore miss lots of things I think are newsworthy.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Well, it looks like Hasbro just started caring. Michael Bay is out now, because he "got hit with several DCMAs from Hasbro at around 3am this morning. Apparently the director had been 'Overenthusiastically promoting an inferior knock off of Hasbro intellectual properties that were protected properties.' Things are not looking good right now. That's all I can say at this time." Big news

(topic title changed, as we don't need that sort of negativity in news titles - keep it for the post body)

Assuming he doesn't boomerang on us last minute and direct TF5 anyway.

I wish this was actually a magic cure all for the movies, but the fact remains take out all the Bayisims and the plots are still stupid. And it's not like the plots of most other action films not directed by Bay are much better. If this is true I expect minor changes at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Well, it looks like Hasbro just started caring. Michael Bay is out now, because he "got hit with several DCMAs from Hasbro at around 3am this morning. Apparently the director had been 'Overenthusiastically promoting an inferior knock off of Hasbro intellectual properties that were protected properties.' Things are not looking good right now. That's all I can say at this time." Big news
    Hehehehe, topical!

This is good news.

I don't think I could handle another Bay Transformers movie. If he does do the next, I already know exactly what I'll be in for and will therefore save my money.

Hope this is really true for realssszs