Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Woolworths DOmino Stars

Question Woolworths DOmino Stars

howdy everybody,

if there is anyone out there that shops at Woolworths and doesn't want the dominos for themselves (or Kids) I will happily take them off your hands my sharkticon absolutely loves them and we would like to build up couple of play sets so she can have a set here at home and one at her grandparents she visits during the week

I will cover the costs for postage and might even have some for trade if I can pry them out of the little ones hands

any help is always appreciated!!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

My wife has started collecting them for herself, but we're not sure the promotion is going to be around long enough for us to get a set. If she loses interest and is happy to get rid of them I'll let you know.

Some of the play set items you can get for them are pretty cool, and the collector tin is very nice.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Getting these for the little one too. You may have seen this but just in case for those who haven't, some items give extra dominos. Best one so far has been the yoghurt Calciyum squeezie packs. They're on sale for 4 packs for $5 and each pack gets you an extra domino. There's a lot of yoghurt in my fridge now...

Hmmm... unless there are a lot of those promotional bonus buys of things you want or need, the "1 domino per $20" would take at least $880... and that's ONLY if you don't get any doubles or have trading options. So expect to have to get at least 80-100 random packs to end up with the set of 44, which is $1600-2000!
    And unless the promotion goes for several months, people will need to do a lot of spending per week to get to that range of spending.
    With the dominoes being better than the cards or stickers, this should be a really good money earner for Woolies.
    Last edited by griffin; 19th March 2015 at 10:40 PM.

From the link in my post above, you can scroll through and see what items are also on sale at the same time as earning a bonus domino... like toilet paper for half price - something you can stock up on, and it's not going to go off.

i have some spares that Im looking to trade -

32 Russell - form UP
    30 Carl - from UP
    29 Remy (the rat)- from Ratatouille

Im not particularly looking for any character other than the ones I don't already have of course

the ones I have are.

25 Princess Atta
    28 Linguini
    29 Remy
    30 Carl
    31 Dug
    32 Russell
    35 Bear triplets
    38 Mater
    40 Sally
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Hmmm... unless there are a lot of those promotional bonus buys of things you want or need, the "1 domino per $20" would take at least $880... and that's ONLY if you don't get any doubles or have trading options. So expect to have to get at least 80-100 random packs to end up with the set of 44, which is $1600-2000!
    And unless the promotion goes for several months, people will need to do a lot of spending per week to get to that range of spending.
    With the dominoes being better than the cards or stickers, this should be a really good money earner for Woolies.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    From the link in my post above, you can scroll through and see what items are also on sale at the same time as earning a bonus domino... like toilet paper for half price - something you can stock up on, and it's not going to go off.
    yea, being we only buy for the two of us, we're hoping the promotion goes longer than the cards or the staff get lazy about counting like they did with the cards. that was the only way we ended up getting the full sets.

One thing we tried was looking through the packs to see what domino is in there. The white square at the back is good and the front does have some semi translucent parts where you can make out the name or the number of the character. As we didn't open the packs we were able to trade them back to store for another lot of random packs. Managed to complete a set for the Autobub that way.

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    One thing we tried was looking through the packs to see what domino is in there. The white square at the back is good and the front does have some semi translucent parts where you can make out the name or the number of the character. As we didn't open the packs we were able to trade them back to store for another lot of random packs. Managed to complete a set for the Autobub that way.
    Impressive, most impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Getting these for the little one too. You may have seen this but just in case for those who haven't, some items give extra dominos. Best one so far has been the yoghurt Calciyum squeezie packs. They're on sale for 4 packs for $5 and each pack gets you an extra domino. There's a lot of yoghurt in my fridge now...
    This week (until Tuesday) is the petite myam squeezie packs at 5 for $5... which gets you 21 dominoes for $20.
    Even on special those yoghurt things aren't good value, unless you are keen to collect the dominoes and willing to pay $1 for each (if you don't give the yoghurt things any value for being so small).

I bought 20 tonight, and with other items I was supposed to get 23 dominoes... and the lady just grabbed handfuls into a plastic bag for me, ending up with 36.

Okay, that was pretty neat, but then you have to take into account my bad luck with blind-packed sets (remember the Kinder Surprise figurines last year?).
    So yes, of the 36 dominoes, 15 were doubles... leaving me with just 21 different dominoes - which works out to be 42% being doubles... that's almost half.

At least with these, I don't mind having extras, because you can never have too many dominoes when actually playing with them (as a game or to set up to knock over... but I'd like to have at least one of each, and at this rate I'm going to need to get at least 74 dominoes to complete a set, IF, my luck doesn't get any worse.

I'm happy to help others near me to come around and swap for ones they are missing if I have doubles. (or sell at $1 each if you have none to swap, as that's what I'm spending on unwanted kiddie yoghurt for them)

My doubles so far - 1, 6, 13, 21, 21, 21, 25, 28, 30, 32, 38, 38, 38, 40, 42.

I'll try for another 20 before the end of the "sale week" on Tuesday.

For anyone who doesn't have a reference sheet of the 44 dominoes to know what ones to look for, I took a photo of this at the store...