Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mark Wahlberg confirmed for Transformers 4 and new TF4 logo!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    does not inspire confidence....
    That was my first thought too, but then I googled her picture, and suddenly it doesn't seem so bad

Bay likes to be known for casting relatively inexperienced actors / actresses e.g. the entire cast for the first movie aside from Jon Voight. It would be nice if he pulled out all the stops and got some big names in for Transformers 4 to give it a bit of credibility.

Preferably though, I'd prefer for the focus to be on the Transformers but we all know what to expect and what we'll be getting
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Bay likes to be known for casting relatively inexperienced actors / actresses e.g. the entire cast for the first movie aside from Jon Voight. It would be nice if he pulled out all the stops and got some big names in for Transformers 4 to give it a bit of credibility.
    I'd have to disagree with that. If they filled the cast with several big names, the focus/marketing will be on the humans, as each will be expecting/demanding more screen time (which would all add up among the lot of them). Plus, their star power would mean each follow-up movie with their "central" character, would cost more and more just to retain them. The X-men movies seemed to go down that route, as the stars kept demanding more money, to the point that I think they couldn't make any more "group" movies, so instead had to do an Origin movie to cut the cost from several multi-million dollar stars to just one.
    The second GIJoe movie added in three big names to the cast, filling major character roles. If they make any more (if the second one ever gets released), those actors will either be paid a lot more to keep them, or their characters get killed off or removed suddenly. The former can ruin the movie (too much focus on them to get better value from their fee), while the latter can upset the fans.
    If a movie has a good story, they don't need big stars to draw people in. Look at Star Wars.
    The first Transformers movie threw in one well-known actor, one rising TV show star, and Hugo Weaving as a voice actor (for the credits), as insurance. But in the end, those three people weren't the reason people were going to see the movie.... so future ones shouldn't need it if the story is good, and the SFX are good. Again, look at Star Wars - they threw in a couple big actors, but only gave them back-up roles as insurance (with their names on the credits). It was the story and SFX that sold the movie and kept people coming back for more.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    True, but Ted is fan-friggin-tastic! Best movie of 2012!
    Watched 'The Other Guys' the other day and for something where Wahlberg was teamed up with Will Ferrell it wasn't too bad. Downloading Ted as we speak to get more of a feeling for Mark's range.

I agree with Griffin - while it would be nice to have some big name actors - the only actor I fully need attached with the movie is Cullen. And I want the focus as much as possible to be on the bots - humans jut get in the way

That said, forgive me for being a caveman in many respects, but I don't mind a little eye candy in the movies - IF they can act

Already picturing Marky-Mark floating through space in the Spike space suit begging BB to come rescue him on the radio...sigh

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Not that Michael Bay has always been reliable when it comes to details (he said Megatron wasn't coming back for TF2, & a few weeks ago said it was just a rumour that Mark Wahlberg was for TF4), he's now claiming that the movie will be released July 4th 2014.
    The link is an interview from TMZ with Michael Bay, which comments on how Shia spoke out against the Director (so did Megan Fox... and now both are replaced), plus says that TF4 will be set four years after the last movie.
    The official Paramount site has contradicted Bay with the release date, listing the before-mentioned June 27th date instead. Seibertron appears to have a webmaster access, so has obtained some other info that I couldn't find on the public site.

Bay does interviews in the same way as he directs his films - Chaotic and confusing.