Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Maximum Dinobots

they got there monster modes after visiting a planet that had creatures like that, hence they look like monsters to the people of earth and Hasbro marketing

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    they got there monster modes after visiting a planet that had creatures like that, hence they look like monsters to the people of earth and Hasbro marketing
    That would make the most sence I guess.
    I always reasoned the Terrorcons were used as fear inducing troops hence their alt modes but it never made as much sence for the monsterbots..but then again They are renegades.
    Repugnus old info said he was kicked out of the autobots more then once....speaking of which, In spotlight Arcee isin't he locked away in a spark prison?

Quote Originally Posted by Zahhak View Post
    That would make the most sence I guess.
    I always reasoned the Terrorcons were used as fear inducing troops hence their alt modes but it never made as much sence for the monsterbots..but then again They are renegades.
    Repugnus old info said he was kicked out of the autobots more then once....speaking of which, In spotlight Arcee isin't he locked away in a spark prison?
    Maybe they broke him out. At this point it doesn't directly contradict Furman canon as time has passed since then but it also smells like a continuity error as in 'I forgot'.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Maybe they broke him out. At this point it doesn't directly contradict Furman canon as time has passed since then but it also smells like a continuity error as in 'I forgot'.
    They could have escaped when Garrus-9 was overrun, the holding facility did sustain large amounts of damage.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I think they might answer that in the next issue. After all, Repugnus did say that the Monsterbots were outcasts-which could imply that they're escaped prisoners in this continuaty.

Incidentally, looking back at the issue when Grimlock sends out the message to the Monsterbots, there was a clue to their appearence in the form of three of the symbols on the screen being insignia-like renditions of their monster mode heads.

These arent your G1 Cartoon Dinobots.

These Dinobots are smarter, they know Grimlock has been less than truthful with them about a number of things, yet they also know they prefer to be with the big lug than not, so they still follow him, even if it is to their deaths.

Not much of the Monsterbots in this issue, but we do get a cameo from someone who will be playing a much larger part in issue #5.

Scorponok is a pretty sneaky guy, and intelligent too. Would have made a decent main villain had Max Dino's been given an ongoing series.

Max Dino's 5 has alot of ground to cover to wrap things up nicely (personally I think it will be too much ground), not only do you have the Headmaster angle, but also the Grimlock/Shockwave story, Soundwave's story and some continuation from another spotlight (same fellow as the cameo mention above).

So like Revelations, Max Dino's may have been much better had AHM not been released.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    These arent your G1 Cartoon Dinobots.

These Dinobots are smarter, they know Grimlock has been less than truthful with them about a number of things, yet they also know they prefer to be with the big lug than not, so they still follow him, even if it is to their deaths.

Not much of the Monsterbots in this issue, but we do get a cameo from someone who will be playing a much larger part in issue #5.

Scorponok is a pretty sneaky guy, and intelligent too. Would have made a decent main villain had Max Dino's been given an ongoing series.

Max Dino's 5 has alot of ground to cover to wrap things up nicely (personally I think it will be too much ground), not only do you have the Headmaster angle, but also the Grimlock/Shockwave story, Soundwave's story and some continuation from another spotlight (same fellow as the cameo mention above).

So like Revelations, Max Dino's may have been much better had AHM not been released.
    I agree overall Max Dinos has given us much more in 4 issues than the 9 issues of AHM, only in the past 3 issues has AHM begun to get somewhere. Max Dino's overall story is also much more interesting as we don't know where its going specifically even if Sunstreaker's fate is now revealed while AHM appears to be on rails.

I will be sad to see it end as its a nice mini-series.

It was also interesting seeing James Raiz make a return to doing TF art... kinda strange seeing Neo-G1 characters drawn in a style that I personally associated with Transformers Armada. I was almost waiting for Mini-Cons to appear!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It was also interesting seeing James Raiz make a return to doing TF art... kinda strange seeing Neo-G1 characters drawn in a style that I personally associated with Transformers Armada. I was almost waiting for Mini-Cons to appear!

Seemed a little darker than his old Armada art, I really liked it actualy it reminded me of some of the old UK artists and made Swoop look less dumb.

Ravage and Laserbeak are sort of Mini-cons, though Rumble is 3 stories high for some reason.

anyone got an issue 2 they dont want anymore?

cant find it anywhere and the shops dont want to order it in