Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Possible lowering of GST threshold on parcels

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    GST on online purchases will start 1st of July 2017... depending on if Federal Labor backs it, as the legislation would need to be passed before the next election. (so a change of government probably won't make a difference)

As expected, the men running the finances of the country decided against removing GST from specific feminine (health) products.
    To offset this extra expense to the rich, Joe Hockey has been noted saying that he wants to cut the top income tax bracket, because the rich are apparently paying too much tax.... because, you know, every rich person is actually paying that full 47% tax rate and struggling.
    (tax deductions, tax-havens, profit-shifting to trusts, Super accounts and off-shore branches of their own business, etc, allows the uber-rich to pay a lower percentage of tax than people in the lower tax brackets... after all, the rich and the friends of the rich get into politics to create the Tax laws that allow them to make millions in allowances, and then avoid having to pay as much tax as the rest of us )

If Hockey needs an incentive for people to work harder without being slugged in taxes, then maybe cut the tax rates for the lower brackets, who don't have the money to move into tax-deductible programs or the accountants needed to facilitate tax avoidance for a hefty (yet cheaper than a tax bill) fee.

With this guy also wanting to be OUR Prime Minister, as the Australian figurehead on the world stage, the next federal election should be interesting.
    Last edited by griffin; 24th August 2015 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

With this guy also wanting to be OUR Prime Minister, as the Australian figurehead on the world stage, the next federal election should be interesting.
    I feel like my life just got shortened by a couple of minutes

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'd support this, if they were competing with Australian made products.

Why should we pay more locally for the same thing, sourced from the same place just because it's sold here? Just because?

Yea, I'd like a tax cut, there is no incentive for me to be working overtime as I do most days as it grossly exaggerates into tax. I only ended up with an extra 2k this year over last year from overtime, yet I paid double the tax I did last year. 2/3rd's of my overtime went to tax. Why bother? And I'm getting less back this year. Which still hasn't been done yet, 2 months waiting... ATO is quick to take.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------