Page 67 of 120 FirstFirst ... 475762636465666768697071727787 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

I just realised...

The previous Transformers game made by Activision was Rise of the Dark Spark. At the end of the credits you see a G1 Optimus on Earth watching something fly across the sky. That must have been their little teaser that Devastation was in the works

I've had a suspicion a couple months ago, leading me to check a youtube review last week, but now that I finally got one in hand, I now know for sure... the QTransformers crossovers toys are not based on an existing QTransformers toy (specifically the Gen1 Optimus figure). They (the crossover ones) are all the same mould with different heads, but Hello Kitty was the first with that mould and all the ones since are based on that toy, not a pure Transformers QTransformers toy.

They don't even transform the same, which I feel stupid about. The Transformers QTs stay facing up when transforming them from car to robot mode with the top flipping back to reveal the head, while the Crossover QTs are actually facing down when in truck mode with the back splitting in half to reveal the head.
    It's one of those things that was probably obvious to others, but they are all so small and look so similar.
    (I've updated the Checklist now, to fix up that mistake.)

Last edited by griffin; 15th October 2015 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I've had a suspicion a couple months ago, leading me to check a youtube review last week, but now that I finally got one in hand, I now know for sure... the QTransformers crossovers toys are not based on an existing QTransformers toy (specifically the Gen1 Optimus figure). They (the crossover ones) are all the same mould with different heads, but Hello Kitty was the first with that mould and all the ones since are based on that toy, not a pure Transformers QTransformers toy.

They don't even transform the same, which I feel stupid about. The Transformers QTs stay facing up when transforming them from car to robot mode with the top flipping back to reveal the head, while the Crossover QTs are actually facing down when in truck mode with the back splitting in half to reveal the head.
    It's one of those things that was probably obvious to others, but they are all so small and look so similar.
    (I've updated the Checklist now, to fix up that mistake.)

I'm not collection the QT variants because of that. To me, in hand the variants actually look more like a garbage truck and remind me more of Junkheap than Optimus (Convoy).

I just realised that Animated Blackarachnia (and now legends BA)'s robot legs are supposed to be split for better balance.....

Shame it looks really crap. I'll just stick with being careful on the posing and keep the leg as one.

I feel silly.

I have had G1 Buzzsaw for like 20 years and it wasn't until I received a Laserbeak the other day (thanks Zippo!) that I realised just how far his wings extend! I probably only ever had them out half the length that they could go!
    WANTS
    G1 Vortex w/ weapons
    Beast Wars Basic Rattrap head and gun

Generations voyager Sandstorm's legs. On the inside of the legs there's a cavity and a tab, which serves no obvious purpose. But if you take the wings off from the mushroom peg, it fits perfectly in that leg cavity (clearly design for it to fit), with a slot to fit the tab. It looks silly though with the wheel on the inside of the leg.

Has this been discovered already? Maybe from unused design, or an easter egg transformation feature?

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Generations voyager Sandstorm's legs. On the inside of the legs there's a cavity and a tab, which serves no obvious purpose. But if you take the wings off from the mushroom peg, it fits perfectly in that leg cavity (clearly design for it to fit), with a slot to fit the tab. It looks silly though with the wheel on the inside of the leg.

Has this been discovered already? Maybe from unused design, or an easter egg transformation feature?
    I hadn't heard of this before! Do you have pics? Perhaps it was an idea to allow for a more G1 silhouette.

All my Generations figures are at my parents' place atm. Do you know if Springer has the same cavity?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    I hadn't heard of this before! Do you have pics? Perhaps it was an idea to allow for a more G1 silhouette.

All my Generations figures are at my parents' place atm. Do you know if Springer has the same cavity?
    I will take a photo after work. Problem is, the wheels are so big if you fit two on the legs he can't stand straight.

No Springer has the wheels on his legs.

EDIT: Never mind. Don't what I was thinking..Those are the spots for buggy mode
    Last edited by doublespy; 30th November 2015 at 05:48 PM.

AoE Deluxe Crosshairs has flip out heels...
    Oh.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I just realised today when I put CW Groove onto UW Defensor that the Hasbro HK collector coin packaging for UW Defensor is actually based on Hasbro's Groove instead of Takara's Groove. Good work Hasbro HK!
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.