Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Things you regret collecting (non-TF)

I don't know if "regret" is the word I would use with a lot of my non-Transformers toys, most of which I gave away for free last year. Because I did get a lot of enjoyment out of them until I became a parent and had to streamline my hobby solely to Transformers. But they were well loved toys until my daughter was born. But after that they just sat in boxes for 5 years, which was just ridiculous... not a believer of keeping things in storage that don't see the light of day, so I gave most of it away. I wish that I'd been more proactive in selling them maybe (but even then, it's hard to offload everything), but I don't regret actually collecting them.

DVDs/BRs on the other hand... often I buy something because I liked watching it once or it looks like something I'd enjoy, and yeah, I'll enjoy watching it first couple of times, but then lose interest. I'm a lot more selective now in terms of what I'll buy on DVD or BR. I'm a frequent renter at my local Blockbuster, or sometimes I just wait until it's airing on TV. Definitely not a fan of collecting TV series. Another one is comic books (non-TFs). Yeah... a lot of stuff that I need to either sell or give away.

Lego Star Wars...
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I'm gonna admit this, I regret some of the CDs I have bought, espically all the s**tty metalcore albums I have bought. Looking at you Asking Alexandria and Black Veil Brides

I don't regret the nu metal albums though.
    "WAKE ME UP
    WAKE ME UP INSIDE
    CAN'T WAKE UP
    WAKE ME UP INSIDE
    SAVE ME
    CALL MY NAME AND SAVE ME FROM THE DARK"
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Lego Star Wars...
    Why, mate?

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Lego Star Wars...
    If prequel trilogy stuff, then I understand completely. But otherwise, what Jazzcomp said - "Why?"
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IDK It was Clone Wars Lego and the sets kept breaking on me due to at the time a young sister. I started watching TF animated and the hundreds I spent on Lego I figured that I could have just bought more Transformers. I also started losing interest in the show, and then when I dropped off the TF scene I got into the actual Star Wats figures. In about 2013 I went through a phase where I wasn't collecting anything then got back into Transformers last year.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

For me it is anime cels/figures. I had a good time collecting everything, but now that it's come time to sell, its hard trying to get rid of everything without basically just giving it away.
    I poured a lot of money into those hobbies. :/

Also was into the car modding scene before that. Had a built (not bought!) CA18DET N13 Pulsar. That thing turned out to be a black hole for money.

One thing we all regret collecting: credit card bills.

I have collected so many different things since before I was 10, all things at the time are generally for fun and to be totally honest I have no regret because all things I collected brought me a lot of happiness.
    Of note though was the sports card craze of the early 90's, it got a lot of teens sucked in pretty hard and I was definitely one of them, I am heading over to the US in a couple of weeks time and will be taking two shoeboxes full to offload them at whatever I can get as I have no interest in them now. Yes they were touted as a great investment back then but have since bombed except for certain cards here and there.

One regret sort of non-collecting really but related, as two members have already mentioned is cars and car modifications, my biggest loss in this realm was with a Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, I sold over 1000 transformers in 2005 to pay for fixing the stupid engine on it thinking it was going to make it into a rocket ship, it didn't, and I continued to have problems with it until I decided to pull the entire car apart and sell it in bits and pieces early 2007. I learnt a very good lesson there as it was the last and most dramatic of my money wasting on cars.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    I'm gonna admit this, I regret some of the CDs I have bought, espically all the s**tty metalcore albums I have bought. Looking at you Asking Alexandria and Black Veil Brides

I don't regret the nu metal albums though.
    "WAKE ME UP
    WAKE ME UP INSIDE
    CAN'T WAKE UP
    WAKE ME UP INSIDE
    SAVE ME
    CALL MY NAME AND SAVE ME FROM THE DARK"
    I love my metal CD collection as if it were my own child. Never parting with it!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]