Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Next two Masterpiece toys for Australia

or they could simply use the bio from the Hasbro MP OP version and add/remove as they see fit

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    or they could simply use the bio from the Hasbro MP OP version and add/remove as they see fit
    Kind of shame really, I am expecting this to be a tru box version real soon.
    Will be interesting to see starscream mp how it turns out

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    What philby said. It's also to keep it consistent with the adaptation that I did for MP22 Ultra Magnus, which also retold the bio from a Western POV.

Thank you.

Nope. That was an in-house translation job by Hasbro, as was MP Wheeljack. And for the record, I haven't been approached to do any translation or adaptation work for the MP10 reissue.
    Ok cool! To both of you! Haha and nah I think I will pass on sifting through nerd rage

Not too phased wether I get this or not. But will wait til I see it at TRU first then make a decision depending on price. No rush.

TRU is going to burn on those must buys sigh

Toys R Us:
    MP24
    Star Saber
    $299.99
    300 units
    ETA October
    SKN 100415

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Toys R Us:
    MP24
    Star Saber
    $299.99
    300 units
    ETA October
    SKN 100415
    Well, looks like I might grab him off eBay instead. It'll be cheaper and I'll have him here beforehand :P
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

preparation in progress looks like mine will be shipped in two days time.

That's later than I was expecting. I wonder why they are going to sit on it for six months.
    Even though Star Saber is about 15% cheaper than Ultra Magnus in JP & HK, I'm not surprised that it will be the same price here as Ultra Magnus, due to the weaker Australian dollar and a similar sized black box for this toy (making it look like it could be the same size to people who haven't seen it in hand yet).

They are really cutting back on the unit numbers (to limit risk), so I wonder why they can't get more of the HK/JP toys into this country through other outlets at those numbers.

I just finished translating/adapting the booklet for the MP10 Convoy reissue. I'm sure that I won't be able to please everyone, but anyway... the horse has bolted now. Again, the purpose was to adapt the booklet for a Western/Hasbro audience, but working on a booklet for a four year old toy also meant needing to update new character information where relevant (especially on the "History" page). On the plus side, having my 2012 Hasbro MP10 Optimus Prime toy in front of me while I was translating the instructions proved extremely useful! So much easier than trying to interpret things from two dimensional drawings and text alone.

Here's a summary of changes which I've made:
    • Extensive changes to the back page of the booklet.
      * Originally entitled "History of Convoy," I've changed it to "The Legacy of Optimus Prime."
      * The little white text in the red box on the top left corner which originally said コンボイの歴史 ("History of Convoy") has been replaced with libertas ius omnium sentientium, which is Latin for "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." An English translation of this appears in the bio.
      * Replaced and reshuffled a lot of the toy photos; removed pics of toys which aren't Optimus or Prime in Anglophone continuity (e.g. Flame Convoy, a.k.a. Cybertron Scourge), and added several toys who were Optimus and/or Prime in Western continuity, but weren't released in Japan or named Convoy (e.g. Machine Wars Optimus Prime, Vector Prime etc.).
      * The last Convoy shown on the page of the original Japanese version is MP09 Rodimus Convoy; bearing in mind that MP10 originally came out in 2011, so it's likely that the booklet was finished before Dark of the Moon came out (in Japan at least). I have added the Primes from Dark of the Moon up to current (i.e. Combiner Wars OP, RiD2015 OP).

• Anglophonised names, e.g. Convoy → Optimus Prime, Cybertron → Autobot, Sabretron → Cybertron, Supreme Commander → Commander etc.

• Bio is adapted from the original Marvel G1 TF Universe bio. See below.

• For the 'Laser Rifle' blurb, replaced image of Optimus Prime holding his rifle from the G1 cartoon with an image of Optimus Prime transforming with his rifle unfolding from the IDW comics. The original Japanese text explicitly states that the gun's folding/unfolding gimmick was based off IDW in the first place.

• Replaced the image of Combat Deck from the G1 cartoon w/ an image from the IDW comics. Neither image is really toy accurate, but the IDW image shows off more of the entire trailer/deck, whereas the original cartoon screen grab just shows the command tower. I've also included information about how Optimus Prime can upload his consciousness into the trailer as he did in the IDW comics.

• Replaced the Maintenance Dock image with an image of Combat Deck repairing/rebuilding Autobots from #1 of the G1 comics. The original image did not originate from any original G1 canonical source, whereas the image which I've put in its place does. In the text blurb, I included an explanation of the upright Maintenance Dock mode from the Diaclone Battle Convoy toy. The original blurb doesn't mention this, most likely because Diaclone is more well known in Japan (I've met a few Japanese people who remember Diaclone better than Transformers ), but hopefully this information may be more informative for Western/Anglophone fans (the intended audience).

• In the blurb about Roller, I have mentioned that Optimus Prime named him after an old friend in the IDW comics. And yes, I explicitly stated that it's from the IDW comics so people don't confuse it with other G1 canon.

The Bio:
    “Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.”
    Sage, scholar, soldier… Optimus Prime is all this and more. The beloved leader of the Autobots is a living symbol of liberty; a beacon that shines against the forces of darkness. A font of inspiration and courage from which his followers draw their strength. To the Decepticons he is the one force in the universe who can shatter their dreams of interstellar conquest. His immense power and wisdom is matched only by his compassion. Fights tirelessly to protect the innocent. Able to split into three components. The Optimus module is the sentient and sapient robot, containing vast knowledge and strength. Able to lift 1,800,000kg. A blow from his fists exerts a force of 5,300N. Possesses outstanding visual acuity, allowing him to burn a hole in the nosecone of a Decepticon jet from a distance of 50km. The small Roller module is able to inconspicuously go behind enemy lines with a range of 1,930km. Also able to remotely operate the Combat Deck module up to a distance of 460m. Deck-mounted Auto-Launcher uses a variety of artillery which can also be used by fellow Autobots. Launcher’s grapple-arm allows it to self-reload and change weaponry. Communications array dish provides Optimus with continuous contact with all of his Autobots within an 80km radius. Satellite hook-up increases its effective range to 800km. Honoured with safeguarding the Autobot Matrix. Although Optimus Prime can function as three autonomous modules, injury to any one is felt by the other two, with Roller being the most vulnerable. Although Optimus could survive without Combat Deck and Roller, they could not survive without him. Optimus Prime would be a more effective military commander if he were more merciless, but then he would not be Optimus Prime.