Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updates for RID, Generations & YOTG

Default Updates for RID, Generations & YOTG

With the recent release of RID toys in America and Europe, plus the expected release of Generations toys and the Year of the Goat toys by the end of the month, I asked the local branch if or when these toys will be released in Australia.

As usual, a big thanks to them for these details....

Generations - the major retailers are likely to start stocking them Feb/March, and if we/they are lucky, minor retailers (like ToysRUs) might be convinced to take stock before then.

Robots in Disguise - the toyline will be released here in March to go with the screening of the cartoon starting in March (probably on payTV like last time).
    Apparently, the US are officially launching their RID line in January because that's when the cartoon starts on Cartoon Network there... so these pre-Christmas toys are probably just an American retailer making the most of the bigger toy sale period.

Year of the Goat - both Optimus and Soundwave should be here in decent quantities, but most likely held until June for the mid-year toy sales.

Yay! Guess I'll hold off until June before ordering SG Soundblaster then.

As good as it is to get Combiner Wars (a lot easier for people looking for gifts) here, I think I'll be going BBTS or RK.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

This is good news since the current AUD > US exchange rate makes importing hard to justify.

If Combiner wars does come here it's good news for me because it would mean I can get Superion at a cheaper price than having to buy it off the internet (and much easier and faster, as long as it's available at most stores)

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    If Combiner wars does come here it's good news for me because it would mean I can get Superion at a cheaper price than having to buy it off the internet (and much easier and faster, as long as it's available at most stores)
    Exactly. Also means I don't have to buy the components in the bundles. I have zero interest in Optimus or Dragstrip

hopefully they only charge 20 for RID warriors and 25 for generations
    they seem like safe prices for me to say I WILL BUY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Robots in Disguise - the toyline will be released here in March to go with the screening of the cartoon starting in March (probably on payTV like last time).
    Apparently, the US are officially launching their RID line in January because that's when the cartoon starts on Cartoon Network there... so these pre-Christmas toys are probably just an American retailer making the most of the bigger toy sale period.
    So, fans here will be downloading the show in January because as always, we're two months behind the US. It's like they deliberately set themselves up to fail in our market
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Any word on whether the Asia MP-10 re-release will be making it down under?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbleb33 View Post
    This is good news since the current AUD > US exchange rate makes importing hard to justify.
    Theres still a great reason to import. You actually are guaranteed to get the figure by preordering from an international source. Distribution is so crap here I don't take the risk and always import. I want to buy local but since most toys never actually show up how can I?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.