Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33434849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE/WWF/TNA/Wrestling discussion thread - (may contain spoilers!!!)

Shame its all fake....

Jumps out of the ring before anyone else can get in it hehe

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm so sick of people saying wrestling sucks now and it was better in whatever era they grew up in.
    I've been watching wrestling for over 30 years and I hear this all the time and through many era's.
    It is looking through history with rose tinted glasses, it happens soooo much in the Formula 1 community.
    Generally what I find is that most of the time when people refer to what they believe was the best era ever coincides with their mid teens to mid 20's. It makes sense really for most of us it is a time of fun and adventure.

I have seen many great era's of WWF/WWE/WCW/ECW and at a time TNA. When Bryan won at Yesslemania I truly thought that we were on the cusp of a true golden era but it didn't eventuate for a number of reasons.
    Currently the product is very good, I am a big fan of NXT, but when it went off Foxtel I dropped off the 'E a fair bit and got into some indy stuff online. I am back to WWE now but mostly Smackdown, two hours is so much better. I quick review Raw and/or read about it online, if the episode review is good I will watch the show.
    The pure wrestling talent in WWE now is, imho, the best ever, sure the writing can be shoddy at times, but there has NEVER been an era in wrestling when the writing has been pure gold for every show and segment. A lot of the time it is one main good story that gets over and that's what everyone remembers.

My five cents
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Well it sucks that we know spoilers for the WWE so far in advance.

Spoilers for the Rumble and possibly Wrestlemania...

Just as was leaked months ago Shinsuke is taking on AJ at Wrestlemania, which means the main event at Wrestlemania will probably be the leaked Roman vs Brock match.

Also as cool as it is to finally have Ronda Rousey as a WWE Superstar it would be much cooler if we didn't know her and the other members of the UFC Four Horsewomen signed up with the WWE ages ago and are going to take on the WWE Four Horsewomen.

If the WWE could keep a secret maybe people wouldn't think it's so predictable.

I recently watched the ESPN documentary on Ric Flair, it was pretty interesting and sad. Still he is a bit of a classic, it cracks me up that so many of his signature moves involved him getting beat down lol.

whooooo!
    sting wins the title for the first time
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=245ia348HEQ
    how young is JR? lol. pretty sure he fits an OH MAH GAWD in there too haha

I was pretty cheesed off with the end to the rumble PPV. Asuka made history by being the winner of the first womens PPV, then they totally diminished it by bringing out Lousey Ronda Rousey.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Galvatran Guest

Whoever said wrestling is all choreographed manoeuvres hasn't seen the entrance into the ring by Titus O'Neil in WWE Greatest Royal Rumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Whoever said wrestling is all choreographed manoeuvres hasn't seen the entrance into the ring by Titus O'Neil in WWE Greatest Royal Rumble.

Man, that was funny, there is one from his NXT days tripping over in a similar spot near the ring with a beer keg.
    Last edited by Jetfire in the sky; 5th May 2018 at 06:51 AM.

How long did the show end up being? Is it another 7 hour PPV?

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Multi-angle video now up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Sz2aZ6uuc

The 'E is coming to Australia to the MCG In Melbourne October 6.

I missed going to Global Warning and wish I had made the effort in the early 2000's. It would be amazing if they can pack the G for this...….. 100,000 plus I'm not sure they will though; having been to Raw in the US I know that from a distance the feel of the wrestling isn't there. Need to be up close on the floor, either kicking distance from the ring or entrance ramp.
    They will need to promote hard and hopefully do some fan access days.

Still up in the air if I'll go, might come down to timing and what's on at home which will make the final decision.