Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Currently enjoying Secret Invasion, though this month seems to be stalling. But no where near as stalled as Final Crisis. That's a story that needs to seriously pick it's game or it will be overshadowed by Batman R.I.P.
    The main Secret Invasion limited series is (I think) moving on quite well. Good revelations and what not in each issue so far.

Though I admit some of the tie ins have been a bit slow and a bit filler, I'm looking at some of the New and Mighty Avengers issues, I however love the tie ins for Avengers: The Initiative (favourite monthly read hands down).

Secret Invasion Young Avengers/Runaways I enjoyed, well the first (and only) issue that's out. But Secret Invasion Fantastic Four three parter limited series was sure boring uneventful fluff. Here's to hoping the upcoming Thor (this one's probably the one I'm most looking forward to), Spider-Man, X-Men and Inhumans tie in limited series end up being good. And I believe our beloved Deadpool kicks off his new series with a Secret Invasion tie in as well.

I'm also an avid comic book collector, and have a healthy collection.
    I also collect manga and have a fair amount of native language ones.
    The sreries I'm collecting now
    -Sonic the Hedgehog
    -World of Warcraft
    -Runaways
    -Legend of Drizzt series
    -Ultimate X-men
    -All Hail Megatron
    -Transformers Devastation
    I used to collect New X-men and other Marvel series but my comic budget is quite limited
    stupid rent and lack of employment >.>

Quote Originally Posted by piratescratch View Post
    And I believe our beloved Deadpool kicks off his new series with a Secret Invasion tie in as well.
    I am very pissed off about Daniel Way writing Deadpool. He was going along perfectly fine before that. And from everything I've heard about Way's version, I'm not excited. In fact I'm

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    I always felt that comics have had a major influence on my life, idealogy and other such intangibles.

Probably from a very young age....

I'm probably going to pick up the new Spider-Man loves Mary Jane that starts this month as well because a) it should be an enjoyable easy going read and b) I liked the first Spider-Man loves Mary Jane title. Hehe.
    Likewise here but in digest form for me. I loved the original series actually... but I have to be honest I jumped on board b/c it had Gwen Stacy and she's one of my all time favourite Spidey characters.

oh and that brings up the whole schmuck that JMS did with her. It's so cringeworthy. I was reading a recent issue of Thunderbolts today and Osborn mentioned what he did to her and it was really jarring. It has to be the most f---ed up story I've ever read. Anytime I read it referenced elsewhere it totally throws me off.

Grimm Fairy Tales (modern day re-tellings with a twist on traditional fairy tales ... and big boobs)
    I read an issue once. A mate of mine lent it to me and I have to say the twists are very disturbing on some favourite fairy tales. But is fair to say it's similar to Fables? (Something else I want to try down the line)

Witchblade (absoloutely LOVE the artwork)
    Damn effing straight! I do think though Ron Marz has dropped off on the writing front though. #80-100 were so much faster and cohesive. Now it's stumbling along.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

i also read the Tick whenever i can find it

Remember how you'd get cheap crappy comics with the Easter show bag?

I got 1 called the ex-mutants, about a bunch of humans with no powers after Earth is postnuclear war or somethin, ive always wanted to find more issues

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Old pics of my collection (I need to take new ones)

...there's more, but that'll do.

i see beast wars comic!!
    what its about? how does it tie in with the series?

and what is the Wreckers about? ^^ditto^^

NIce of you to start this thread PS.

Im more of a DC boy, so most of my comics which Ive collected since waywayway back are DC.

MOst of the Annual events storylines of DC - e.g. DC One million, Final Night, Bloodbath, Millenium, Zero Hour, War of the Gods, etc

Crisis, Infinite Crisis, Identity Crisis, Crisis of Conscience, Final Crisis

JLA - Starting from the Big 7 series run - New World Order, still collecting it now, like the new line up, although Martian Manhunter for the very first time aint this incarnation and might never be since he got murdered ( or did he really??)- Also can be included here are the TPB of the funny JLI incarnation( I cant believe its not the JL, etc), as well as any one time spin offs/TPB with the JLA in it (e.g. JLA/Wildcats, JLA/Witchblade etc)

Any TPB release which has the Big 3 of DC in it ( Supes, Bats and Wondy)

Wonder Woman - George Perez run - love the research on Greek Mythos that goes into writing the series. Also the detailing of each character. Stopped collecting this after the 100th issue. Just collected some back TPB since then. Im a nut for Greek Mythos.

Green Lantern/ Corps - only bought the trade paperbacks of the more recent stories, including the time of the Corps War. I prefer Kyle Rayner than Hal Jordan.

Shadowpact- though sadly the series ended already. Just love magic stuff. I guess I can bunch into here as well all the series and short runs which involved magic in DC titles like - Judgement day (got the whole set crossovers - which led to the formation of Sentinels of Magic), Black Baptism, Day of Vengeance ( which led to the formation of Shadowpact)

LOBO - Somehow I find his books funny

OKies other companies

The Authority - all TPB, finally heroes who go all the way (read: kill the bad guys) includes crossovers - my fave The Authority/Lobo crossover TPB

Fables - this was just introduced to me by a friend here afew months ago, I was immediately hooked and still am. Cannot get enough - finally collected all 9 TPB of the ongoing series! Got The Good Prince TPB last Sydney meet. Includes 1001 Nights of Snowfall which I read during my flight back here from holidays in Phils. Sure saved me from a very boring flight.

Jack of Fables - I havent been able to get my hands on Book 2 just yet

Transformers - be it the old Marvel, DW, IDW, DD (well this technically is TF Vs GiJoe series - which I have complete) stuff I dont care I buy it.
    Period.

The Pro - one time TPB release - got me a special edition for a Comic con - signed by the authors/artist - Really funny JLA spoof.

Stone- by Pinoy artist , series got cancelled due to very personal tragedies happening to the writer/artists life at that time. Shame

Sidekick - Funny as!!

By Pinoy artists/writers - so most of you guys would have no idea of these...

ZsaZsa Zaturnnah Collected edition - recently just made into a movie and a Stage Play
    Lexy , Nance & Argus: Sex, Gods, Rock & Roll
    Pugad Baboy Series - a fictional community of Fatties representing/mirroring in a satirical approach to the current events in Filipino lives. Started out as just comic strips in the local newspaper which turned into compiled books and so on and so forth.....

I've got heaps more but its mostly but not limited to DC titles and most are in the Phils still (3/4) - this is my next project on my next holiday. Ive already migrated the TF collection here so next comes the Comics Collection - which will be far, far heavier. Sigh, need more shelves.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon
    i see beast wars comic!!
    what its about? how does it tie in with the series?
    That is Reaching The Omega Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon
    and what is the Wreckers about?
    A new generation of Wreckers on Maximal-era Cybertron. This story eventually spawned Transformers Universe.

Comics for the week of August 6th.

Avengers/Invaders #4 - Much better issue compared the previous, some good progress and action was had. Still hate how they write Captain America in this with his "Duh everyone is a Nazi!" train of though and the art is real average. Nice to see ...
    [spoiler]

Bucky Captain America make an appearance and New Avengers stepping in and teaming up with the Invaders to take on the Mighty Avengers.

[/spoiler]
    Sadly next issue won't be out until October which is a bit crap.

Invincible Iron Man #4 - I really like this Iron Man title over Director of SHIELD. Lacked in action made up with story development, I'm really enjoying this Ezekiel Stane story arc. Art looked a bit sloppier in this issue.

Spider-Man loves Mary Jane #1 - It's back! Nice art, much better then the person who picked up for the final few issues of the previous series after Miyazawa when he dropped it. Whilst it does continue from the first Spider-Man loves Mary Jane, this first issue is easy to jump into without prior knowledge. It's everything like the first series, more or less. Fun read, nice change of pace.

EDIT: We really need spoiler tags. :P
    Last edited by Paulbot; 11th August 2008 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    NIce of you to start this thread PS.

Im more of a DC boy, so most of my comics which Ive collected since waywayway back are DC.

MOst of the Annual events storylines of DC - e.g. DC One million, Final Night, Bloodbath, Millenium, Zero Hour, War of the Gods, etc

Crisis, Infinite Crisis, Identity Crisis, Crisis of Conscience, Final Crisis

JLA - Starting from the Big 7 series run - New World Order, still collecting it now, like the new line up, although Martian Manhunter for the very first time aint this incarnation and might never be since he got murdered ( or did he really??)- Also can be included here are the TPB of the funny JLI incarnation( I cant believe its not the JL, etc), as well as any one time spin offs/TPB with the JLA in it (e.g. JLA/Wildcats, JLA/Witchblade etc)

Any TPB release which has the Big 3 of DC in it ( Supes, Bats and Wondy)

Wonder Woman - George Perez run - love the research on Greek Mythos that goes into writing the series. Also the detailing of each character. Stopped collecting this after the 100th issue. Just collected some back TPB since then. Im a nut for Greek Mythos.

Green Lantern/ Corps - only bought the trade paperbacks of the more recent stories, including the time of the Corps War. I prefer Kyle Rayner than Hal Jordan.

Shadowpact- though sadly the series ended already. Just love magic stuff. I guess I can bunch into here as well all the series and short runs which involved magic in DC titles like - Judgement day (got the whole set crossovers - which led to the formation of Sentinels of Magic), Black Baptism, Day of Vengeance ( which led to the formation of Shadowpact)

LOBO - Somehow I find his books funny

OKies other companies

The Authority - all TPB, finally heroes who go all the way (read: kill the bad guys) includes crossovers - my fave The Authority/Lobo crossover TPB

Fables - this was just introduced to me by a friend here afew months ago, I was immediately hooked and still am. Cannot get enough - finally collected all 9 TPB of the ongoing series! Got The Good Prince TPB last Sydney meet. Includes 1001 Nights of Snowfall which I read during my flight back here from holidays in Phils. Sure saved me from a very boring flight.

Jack of Fables - I havent been able to get my hands on Book 2 just yet

Transformers - be it the old Marvel, DW, IDW, DD (well this technically is TF Vs GiJoe series - which I have complete) stuff I dont care I buy it.
    Period.

The Pro - one time TPB release - got me a special edition for a Comic con - signed by the authors/artist - Really funny JLA spoof.

Stone- by Pinoy artist , series got cancelled due to very personal tragedies happening to the writer/artists life at that time. Shame

Sidekick - Funny as!!

By Pinoy artists/writers - so most of you guys would have no idea of these...

ZsaZsa Zaturnnah Collected edition - recently just made into a movie and a Stage Play
    Lexy , Nance & Argus: Sex, Gods, Rock & Roll
    Pugad Baboy Series - a fictional community of Fatties representing/mirroring in a satirical approach to the current events in Filipino lives. Started out as just comic strips in the local newspaper which turned into compiled books and so on and so forth.....

I've got heaps more but its mostly but not limited to DC titles and most are in the Phils still (3/4) - this is my next project on my next holiday. Ive already migrated the TF collection here so next comes the Comics Collection - which will be far, far heavier. Sigh, need more shelves.
    Stone ROCKS heheheeh
    have you read WASTED by Gerry Alanguilan?
    Trese By Budjette Tan
    my fave is arnold Arre

EDIT: We really need spoiler tags. :P
    Yeah we do... I've made your text white though (as well as small) so it's more hidden.