Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Stuff

This isn't Transformers but I just had to share my amazement. I was shocked today when I opened my first Japanese Xbox One game the Japanese exclusive PuyoPuyo Tetris and instead of just the disk in the case I found a 29 page full colour manual along with the disk!!! I have not seen one of these in so long I can't remember the last time I saw a game with a full colour manual. Now if I could just read Japanese.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Just flicked over to the Transformers Movie during a commercial break to see the chase scene of Barricade and Bumblebee with the heavy music thumping away...

I remember how exciting that scene was the first few times I saw it, especially in theatres the first couple times.
    They had such limited robot footage in the first one due to budget, but it's quality over quantity that still makes it the best one of the four for me. And being caught up in all that explosion of hype from the public and even fans made it even more exciting... the cheering and reactions in screenings added to the atmosphere and enjoyment.

I can't believe it has almost been eight years... damn, what I remember of the release and the first screenings I went to (Sydney and America), it only feels like yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I can't believe it has almost been eight years... damn, what I remember of the release and the first screenings I went to (Sydney and America), it only feels like yesterday.
    Yep... I was only just in my 30's with the world at my feet
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Ah, to be young again *le sigh*

I just realised, with the new RiD Drift out, that means we're only one Drift away from being able to customise a Driftotron.
    Helicopter Voyager for the torso, cars for the limbs.

C'mon Hasbro, just one more...

It only just dawned on me how cruel my parents were to me as a kid. They bought me Scrapper knowing full well that it takes SIX Constructicons to form the mighty Devastator. Who would do that to a kid...
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    I just realised, with the new RiD Drift out, that means we're only one Drift away from being able to customise a Driftotron.
    Helicopter Voyager for the torso, cars for the limbs.

C'mon Hasbro, just one more...
    Well, it could be done already....

You have Classic-verse Drift and Mirror-verse Drift as the legs. The RID Drift as one arm, with the Movie Drift as the Helicopter torso AND as a car arm... because Drift is so awesome and fast, he's able to keep transforming from both modes, that the naked eye sees them both at the same time.
    And then you have the Arms Micron redeco of the Minicon Dirtboss (who was called Drift in Japan), as a chest piece.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It only just dawned on me how cruel my parents were to me as a kid. They bought me Scrapper knowing full well that it takes SIX Constructicons to form the mighty Devastator. Who would do that to a kid...
    Mine were like that too... They gave me a Beachcomber as a kid, and I saw on the packaging "collect them all", and they said to me, "that's your problem now"... and almost 30 years later, and I'm still not finished yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Man, mine swindled me with swindle. Then pulled the same stunt with nosecone.

Lucky I was more switched on and managed to get 3 out of 6 of the orange constructions a couple of years later.

I had to have every birthday/christmas event to get one combiner for Computron as a kid. Never got Scattorshot or Nosecone. Just got those now.