Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Vintage game consoles

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyone here getting the Super NT?

I'm personally not going to get one but I'm curious if anyone else is???
    It is certainly a good quality console but way to pricey. I can't justify it as I already own 3 SNES with enough spare parts to build a 4th. I also have a cheap HDMI scaler that has been working freaking great for nearly 5 years now.

I just downloaded and played Crazy Taxi for the Xbox 360/Xbox One which is a port based on the Dreamcast version. I hate to say it, but it's a much better game to reminisce about than go back and play today.

Had some great fun with the arcade version back in the day though.

Why do you hate to say that?

Crazy Taxi is a great game. It's simple yet fun gameplay makes it timeless. For the time it also has great graphics that still keep up today due to personality and color.

Crazy Taxi needed a free drive portion, I know a bunch of my mates never saw whole sections of the city because they always ran out of time!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Sega and AT Games are trying the Mega Drive Mini, again...

https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/13/17...lassic-edition

First console I had was a Sega Master System 1. But it came in a SMS2 box because it was 2nd hand. Amazing memories of playing Wonderboy 3 and Ghouls n Ghosts and a whole bunch of others.

These days I have all my old favourites on PC using emulators but would like to build a real collection one day.

Anyone that's still after the Mini NES or Mini Super NES you can preorder them now from EB Games for pickup on the 29th of June. Nintendo is reissuing them on that day.

Got a 4 Player NBA Jam themed arcade cabinet for father's day as shown in my collection photos. It's brand new, comes with 3,500 games including over 200 3/4 player games. I wanted the 4 player version because I knew it would be great for parties, we played 4 player NBA Jam, TMNT etc already with extended family. It's even got a coin operated feature but so far we have it set to freeplay.

I'm loving it and my son has impressed me by getting into older games like Galaga etc. Favourite games so far are NBA Jam (bloody hard to beat the computer), Final Fight and the Marvel/X-Men vs Capcom/Street Fighter games.

Galvatran Guest

^ I have fond memories as a kid going to arcade parlours such as TimeZone & playing TMNT with my mates.

Heck, we even brought those whipper snipper things to gain 'free' credits. Not proud of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Got a 4 Player NBA Jam themed arcade cabinet for father's day as shown in my collection photos. It's brand new, comes with 3,500 games including over 200 3/4 player games. I wanted the 4 player version because I knew it would be great for parties, we played 4 player NBA Jam, TMNT etc already with extended family. It's even got a coin operated feature but so far we have it set to freeplay.

I'm loving it and my son has impressed me by getting into older games like Galaga etc. Favourite games so far are NBA Jam (bloody hard to beat the computer), Final Fight and the Marvel/X-Men vs Capcom/Street Fighter games.
    Now that's a Fathers Day gift! I never got to play much at arcades but when friends had Timezone parties you couldn't get me off NBA JAM. The modern (PS3) release was fun, but you're right, nothing beats four player co-op. Hope you got some Metal Slug on the machine as well, for when you need to really punish your palms and wrists!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)