Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage game consoles

I'd say my first console was the Atari 2600 too however my parents bought me the KO version so it doesn't count My favourite game was Beamrider.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

first console for me was a Coleco Vision and then Atari 2600 and then cassette loading with the C64 lol

Quote Originally Posted by WeallscreamforStarscream View Post
    first console for me was a Coleco Vision and then Atari 2600 and then cassette loading with the C64 lol
    Jeepers I think you take the cake so far! I've never heard of a Coleco Vision. With the name "Vision" it sounds like it was ahead of its time.

While we're at it our first home computer was called "MyPC" and it was coloured a garish green. It was a steaming pile of you know what....

Quote Originally Posted by WeallscreamforStarscream View Post
    Lol I had a Coleco too. I was thrilled when I saw it at the Gamesmen in Penhurst as a display piece in their 'Museum'. It was actually a newer console than the Atari with better graphics but overall similar games.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Damn it I can't remember it off the top of my head, will have to look it up. Props for still owning it, my brothers and I used sell our current console with games in the newspaper and then use the proceeds to help pay for the next model.
    Yea I love it to bits.. from a time when games were designed not to be finished in a day.. I still try to finish the MK II ladders every now and then.. but because its a port straight from an arcade version it is border line impossible.. Goro flogs me and tells me to insert more credits.. The only bad thing about the master systems is that they dont work on new TVs.. had to install different outputs in the back of it

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Pppffftt... that was the Sega Master System II! I grew up knowing kids who played with the Sega Master System... uh... I! I never owned one though, as I was a Nintendo kid. I've had:
    * Game & Watch
    * Famicom
    * NES
    * Super Nintendo
    * Gameboy
    * N64
    * Gameboy Micro

Heh, my daughter and I love playing Janken with each other. It's the Japanese version of rock paper scissors, only with a few extra rules.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v-qxAM8TtA

The original Master System came with Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in, or Hang On.... I owned one with Alex Kidd. Man I loved that game!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    My first console was an Atari 2600, not even the black smaller version but the big ass 6 switch 'wooden' finish Sunnyvale model!
    My family had the four switch wooden VCS version. Good times.

Then jumped up to the SNES.

Have to say that I grew up in the age of home video gaming and probably experienced most of its offerings. Next door neighbour had the Atari 2600, spent hours on pitfall, Winter Olympics, formula 1 grandprix, dodgems, space invaders, sea quest..., had a friend and cousin with Commodore 64's, one was cassette the other floppy disc. As for me personally, we scored an Amiga 500, now that made me a popular kid in the neighbourhood, so much epic gaming... And loading times for any games requiring anything over 1 disc, then my other neighbour got a sega master system 1, from memory it had snailmaze built in, remember games like action fighter, secret command, Shinobi, and oh my god Wonder Boy!!!. Cousin got a NES and remember playing mario and trog. Then another cousin got an IBM, remember playing prince of Persia and the original platform versions of Duke Nukem. Then the Mega drives came out and I was lucky enough to pick one up (Mega Drive II that is), and all because of Mortal Kombat!.(A-B-A-C-A-B-B) Since then I've picked up a PS2 and PS3, mainly due to the DVD and Blu-Ray players. I've got no interest in the PS4 as I see no additional benefit in Technology (still just a Blu-Ray player which breaks the mood from all previous models) and also pissed that they didn't make it backwards compatible for PS3 games (I mean seriously they both use Blu-ray technology)

Yep, like I said, I was fortunate enough to experience it all, and man there was some fun times
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Think my progression was:

Atari 2600
    NES
    Super NES
    Nintendo 64
    Wii
    PS3

With my Gameboy and PC off to one side

Like many others, I haven't bothered to upgrade to the next generation of systems and probably wont until my kids get old enough to want one