Page 404 of 467 FirstFirst ... 384394399400401402403404405406407408409414424 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on Shadow of the Colossus? I'm thinking of getting it, but I'm not sure if it's one of those critics darling Japanese games that I've been over since MGS2 or if it's actually something I'll like.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Sixteen consecutive boss battles in a big empty open world. I really enjoyed it, it was a lot of fun working out how to defeat each collosi. The music and art direction are gorgeous.

I've only played a bit of Ico though, but the gameplay seems very different to sotc.
    I say buy it and play it. SOTC is one of my favourite games. The fact that there are no enemies except for the bosses means that all the enemies are really well designed. The atmosphere of the game is incredible and I really do think it is one of my favourite games ever! Like, really at the top of the list.
    I got the special edition version for PS2, the Special boxx set for PS3, and I'll probably get the remake for PS4 as well.

I think it should be played, just to experience a game that is incredibly different to most games. I really do think that it's a game that should be studied.

Here is an odd one...

In the last months I have been building my own portable/handheld consoles (which are more like handheld console platforms resembling tablets), a 14" screen device and a 7". The 14 incher is passed testing stage and moving towards final assembly and finishing touches. The 7" is passed concept stage. The 7" will end up looking a bit like the switch. The 14" can have a switch like configuration but primary mode is to function like a portable monitor where you can attach a small console (such as a NES classic) to its back and play it on the go. Both are powered by a lithium batteries that also power any attached device (like a NES/SNES mini, single board PC, etc).

Here is the thing....

When I was envisioning these devices, the idea was for me to be able to take them around while I travel. The 14" screen as mentioned would allow me to play it in hand like the switch but it can also be placed on the plane seat tray to play/use otherwise non portable small consoles/devices.

As the 14" device was coming together, I started thinking.. Since these are home made, would they be perceived as a security risk if I decide to take it on a flight? Of course, I will aim to have it look as professional as possible (nice paint finish, no loose wires) but they may still look rather odd to the untrained eye.

My question to you - Would a home made portable gaming device that is rather unique looking be too risky to take on a flight or public space? As in it might be confiscated or at worst, cause a security scare.

Electronic devices are x-ray scanned at airports, so I reckon you'll be fine. As long as you don't have C4 or the like packed into your contraption

I'd ask someone the "maker" community about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Here is an odd one...

In the last months I have been building my own portable/handheld consoles (which are more like handheld console platforms resembling tablets), a 14" screen device and a 7". The 14 incher is passed testing stage and moving towards final assembly and finishing touches. The 7" is passed concept stage. The 7" will end up looking a bit like the switch. The 14" can have a switch like configuration but primary mode is to function like a portable monitor where you can attach a small console (such as a NES classic) to its back and play it on the go. Both are powered by a lithium batteries that also power any attached device (like a NES/SNES mini, single board PC, etc).

Here is the thing....

When I was envisioning these devices, the idea was for me to be able to take them around while I travel. The 14" screen as mentioned would allow me to play it in hand like the switch but it can also be placed on the plane seat tray to play/use otherwise non portable small consoles/devices.

As the 14" device was coming together, I started thinking.. Since these are home made, would they be perceived as a security risk if I decide to take it on a flight? Of course, I will aim to have it look as professional as possible (nice paint finish, no loose wires) but they may still look rather odd to the untrained eye.

My question to you - Would a home made portable gaming device that is rather unique looking be too risky to take on a flight or public space? As in it might be confiscated or at worst, cause a security scare.
    I have no wisdom to offer unfortunately, but I'm super keen to see your builds, if you're comfortable with it.

I had aspirations of doing this kind of thing with a Gamecube a few years ago and got as far as buying a bunch of the components before packing it in.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Thanks but I'd rather show the finish product when I am ready.

I get what you mean on projects. I have my lego project like 99% complete but due to some difficulties with some switches and a bit of compromising as a result, I lost a bit of interest. I still want to finish but don't want it to be half assed so I am looking for inspiration to complete it.
    Last edited by kup; 15th March 2018 at 04:51 PM.

Sigh...

I bought the 2 for 1 3 month Xbox Live Gold deal from EB last month. You get the first 3 months in store and they email the second 3 months to you.

Despite the manager of my EB Games calling the EB call centre to make sure he did everything correctly for me I never got the second 3 months.

Fortunately I called their call centre about 10 minutes ago and asked what happened to my second code. After looking at my EB account the lady went and got 3 months worth of codes for Xbox Live Gold and emailed them through to me.

Not great that they didn't send the code in the first place, but at least it was hassle free to get the issue sorted.

YYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

The Burnout Paradise remaster is real!

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/20/17...s4-xbox-one-pc

Looks like I'm going to be playing Burnout Paradise again from mid March.

I have yet to start South Park fractured, have yet to continue Shadow of War past the 15% mark, have barely had the chance to play Dragonball Fighterz but I will be playing the heck out of Burnout Paradise. The PS4 is severely lacking in the arcade/open world racer department so this is the shot in the arm the genre needs (yes, a remastered game...)
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

South Park is ridiculous, even more out there than the first

Well worth playing

Says someone who’s played a little too much of it the last few days