Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MakeToys MTRM-08 DESPOTRON

I've been thinking the opposite with head sculpt while the rest of him is very nice and clean except for the trigger guard sticking out the back. I just feel that the head looks a bit youthful like it was before the cybertronian war, before the anger started to build.

It wasn't until I saw him beside appolyon that I noticed just how much more battle hardened appolyon face looks in comparison to despotron.
    In hand colour test shots might prove me wrong though.

Preordered Despotron. But have the option of cancelling it for Mightron if I get convinced enough.....or the announcement of Takaras version

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    I've been thinking the opposite with head sculpt while the rest of him is very nice and clean except for the trigger guard sticking out the back. I just feel that the head looks a bit youthful like it was before the cybertronian war, before the anger started to build.

It wasn't until I saw him beside appolyon that I noticed just how much more battle hardened appolyon face looks in comparison to despotron.
    In hand colour test shots might prove me wrong though.
    This. I couldn't put it into words but this is exactly what I think too. I just can't get over the head sculpt.

I also just watched peaughs vid review on mightron and he showed it off with Apollyon. I gotta say it looks so much better than Apollyon. Wow now I'm tempted lol
    My sales thread: LINK HERE

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well we all have a lot of choices, I personally not sure if TT is up for the challenge against 3p.

like to see this in colour.

Coloured pics are up in maketoys fb page

Pre ordered.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

They changed the standard face? I dont think this ones an improvement. Did people really complain about the original one?

Pretty impressive in colour, the gun mode especially. That evil laugh face though...

I'm pretty happy with my Appolyon. It's not perfect, but I've yet to find a perfect MP Megatron mold. Anything is better than MP-05, and whether TT will do a new Megs is anybody's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Preordered Despotron. But have the option of cancelling it for Mightron if I get convinced enough.....or the announcement of Takaras version
    Hey just curious as to where you have pre-ordered Despotron from?

Also will he look like this when it arrives?

BBTS seem to be the only online source for this guy that have stated the following:

"To comply with United States Toy & Imitation Gun Laws, a blaze orange safety tip will be added to the end of the gun barrel. Only the rounded tip of the plug will be visible; the shaft of the plug will be inserted into the barrel and permanently attached with adhesive. The adhesive will not be applied to the face of the barrel. Please do not attempt to remove the permanently installed barrel plug as it will damage your figure.

This modification requires that all boxes will be opened, and the contents removed for modification. Factory tape seals on the package and the clamshell will be cut and resealed; and the plastic clamshell itself may be cut to make room for the gun barrel after the orange plug is applied.

Below we have included the actual law pertaining to imitation firearms. Please remember that our solution to remain compliant with the US Toy & Imitation Gun law is the only legal way for us to be able to offer this item to our customers........."

Anyone happen to know what Australian Customs stand is going to be on this toy? Will each state follow the same rules as they did with MP Megatron I wonder?

I am really interested in getting Despotron but not if it's going to be seized at customs and/or vandalized

Don't ask, you be opening can of worms and I will hate you for it for alerting them. And this is beside the fact wa is okay anyway is just extra red tape unnecessary.

Buy it and act blur if the customs do ask you. And said I thought is a toy robot .

As stated on fb is in robot form and will not show any gun mode on the box.

People who bought Apollyon did the same so hush hush and you get it. Ask questions and everybody gets nothing.

Several websites selling, pre orders close next week. Go to any maketoys rep distribution and order.

Stupid thing is you can buy a real gun in us for cheaper.lol

If you are afraid then don't buy. Is plain straight forward.

It doesn't fire anything so I am not bothered if they question me. I am ready to say I bought it for robot form

As for faces , multiple to choose from is not a one face thingy so no issues for me.

It depends on your State's laws, there's a good chance it could be seized by customs as it resembles a firearm. There's a very good chance it would be picked up if the toy is boxed in gun mode (hence showing on x-ray) rather than bot mode.

Back in the day, I had to fill this in to bring in MP-05 Megs

Showing it to customs on my return was pretty funny as well!