Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: FT Iron Dibots

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

There was a recent update in the TFW thread with a picture of lots of Caesiums.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...#post-14927613

It's happening we just dont know when yet. Scoria reissue seems weird at this point.

If you can find a Stomp-X for a price you're willing to pay, then definitely go that route. I was lucky in that I put it out everywhere I could that I was looking for a Stomp-X and a fellow board member here answered the call

Maybe spend a bit of time chasing Stomp first. If you can't get one then go with the regular versions.

And I'm waiting for Ceasium-X. Scoria-X is still fairly available so I'm gonna wait and see how Caesium plays out.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

So I have 4 of the 5 (missing grinder from you know where) and while I think scoria scales well height wise he's not as beefy as the others but that's just a compromise for dino mode in my opinion.

Back to your question I guess it's all about animation I like mine to be as G1 animated as possible hence I have gone with the normal version. The X version in my opinion is to keep the G1 toy collectors happy with the additional chrome everywhere and like you have said stompX is becoming rarer by the day. If you are a fan of G1 animation I would steer clear of gigapower as they have put there own little spins on the design which don't appeal to my cartoon aesthetic tastes.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    There was a recent update in the TFW thread with a picture of lots of Caesiums.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...#post-14927613

It's happening we just dont know when yet. Scoria reissue seems weird at this point.
    I actually only run by DaiumChoc Reports or official Fantoys. if that picture is right then it wouldn't harm showing more detail of Caesium. However, I do agree and I did put a brake on Scoria to see where this figure was at as I heard almost nothing for months.

Here are some of my concerns about Perfect fusion Casesium, Fan Toys removed it from their facebook page as well. It feels like this is one of those a maybe project, just like Berserk falling off the radar. If it comes, I buy this instead.
    Last edited by drifand; 22nd August 2017 at 11:31 AM.

I have Scoria-X and Soar and Sever-X.
    Sadly I pre-ordered Stomp-X through PC and after emailing FansToys today they said that Stomp-X was limited and they will not be making any more. I'll be surprised if PC ever comes through .

I am waiting on Grinder-X from ToyBotImportz, shouldn't be too long now.

I think Trents suggestion is a good one, see if you can find a Stomp-X and go from there. don't leave it too late though otherwise you might miss out on one of the others in the X format.

I'm unsure if I want to go for the Soar-X.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I like the regular versions. After having Grinder, I am wtf have I been with my Hasbro one.

I don't see anything I dislike about the x versions, But it is a bit too chrome for my taste. However, it isn't bad at all. The swoop however has transparent wings which was the only thing I complain about
    I have the regular versions as well and agree that they are perfectly fine. There is too much chrome for my tastes on the X's as well and I think it doesnt go well with other MP's. It's a personal thing though and I'm not knocking them, just saying they arent for me.
    I actually don't have Grinder yet and am undecided, does it make that much of a difference?

As for Scoria vs Caesium I don't see much majorly different that would make me swap my Scoria for a Caesium or even prefer Caesium over Scoria if I didnt have either, but again personal taste I suppose.

Dapto: I found looking at the different comparison pictures people posted online (as well as the price difference and supply levels between the standard and the X) helped make up my mind before ordering, since you've seen the X versions you should have a good idea about what the standards are like in hand when looking at those comparisons.
    Regardless of which versions you get I think you will be happy with them, just be aware that since the X's arent getting reissued it would be better to get them asap as prices will only go up.

I don't think there is any extra chrome, it's just a metallic paint, a super sexy metallic paint. If it was chrome all over it would be aweful.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I don't think there is any extra chrome, it's just a metallic paint, a super sexy metallic paint. If it was chrome all over it would be aweful.
    Correct. No extra chrome, just replace the grey plastic with painted silver.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

lol I was just using the word chrome as it's the one that came to mind, but either way the X's are too shiny/silver/metalic for my liking.
    Dinobots no care shine, Dinobots rough tough and dirty

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I have Scoria-X and Soar and Sever-X.
    Sadly I pre-ordered Stomp-X through PC and after emailing FansToys today they said that Stomp-X was limited and they will not be making any more. I'll be surprised if PC ever comes through .

I am waiting on Grinder-X from ToyBotImportz, shouldn't be too long now.

I think Trents suggestion is a good one, see if you can find a Stomp-X and go from there. don't leave it too late though otherwise you might miss out on one of the others in the X format.

I'm unsure if I want to go for the Soar-X.
    I'm in a similar boat! Ordered stomp-x through PC...haha
    Preordered grinder-x through Toybotimportz as well. Seen a few of the US and Asian sites have it in stock so hoping it won't be long

As for soar-x, i think normal soar is better. Transparent wings are an odd choice.