Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Studio Series Thundercracker exclusive

Default Studio Series Thundercracker exclusive

For those with keen eyes, the 9th toy in the Studio Series has been suspiciously absent in the last month of reveals... and now we know why - it will be a limited edition exclusive at ToysRUs (which could include us here).
    (apparently there was something vague mentioned at New York Toyfair, but I didn't take note of it)

The interesting thing is that this Thundercracker is not a redeco of Studio Series Starscream, or any Starscream toy... it uses the TF5 Voyager Nitro toy with a new head, and is labelled as "Dark of the Moon" (which was when we had a Movie Thundercracker toy released).
    The unknown element at this stage though is if this toy was redesigned to have a head that doesn't detach, or, if the head still detaches (like with Nitro).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    it will be a limited edition exclusive at ToysRUs (which could include us here).
    Well you'd think it would have to considering how many other countries TRU franchises are going belly up

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well you'd think it would have to considering how many other countries TRU franchises are going belly up
    Remember in the US there is a huge difference between their Chapter 11 bankruptcy and Chapter 7 bankruptcy. In Chapter 11 which is what TRU has filed for they are refinancing their debt so they can be profitable. My understanding is they would be profitable if it wasn't for their debt.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

This is absolutely bizarre, wasn't he dead by the time in the comics, still in his protoform?

What on earth possessed them to release this toy again like this?

Thundercracker as a repaint of Nitro was in the toy fair coverage. I expected more blue than this to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Remember in the US there is a huge difference between their Chapter 11 bankruptcy and Chapter 7 bankruptcy. In Chapter 11 which is what TRU has filed for they are refinancing their debt so they can be profitable. My understanding is they would be profitable if it wasn't for their debt.
    Well there ya go, I learned something today

Into it. One of the things I miss most about movie lines gone by are non-screen character figures.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

So we go from Nitro who has a color scheme and color layout reminiscent of a Star Wars stormtrooper to a new and lesser version.

Within hours of the official images leaking from China (with watermarks), the Thundercracker toy was found in US ToysRUs stores today for US$30... but it may have been an accidental release, as there is a suggestion that it should be out next month with the regular release of Studio Series toys.
    Since it's head is covered by rubber ties in the box, it could mean that the head removable like Nitro's, and that Hasbro didn't remould it to have a fixed head.

A video review can be seen here.

It is worth noting that the Japanese release of the Studio Series, doesn't have Thundercracker as number 9... they have Jazz as 9, and each of their figures after that are all different numbers to the Hasbro versions.

YouTube videos show the head is removable, and the toy looks bluer out of package (much of it is in the arm and legs which aren't as visible from the front as they are side on.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!