Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Postal Service at your place

Default Postal Service at your place

Hi guys, just some random rambling that I wanted to discuss about the postal deliveries to your place.

Now I don't deny there have been some disappointing services with Australia post, but overall I'm actually pretty impressed with their "observe" and deliver at particular times service and I wonder if its the same for you guys or I just happened to be lucky.

Now when I was staying in Churchill, Gippsland, initially the postman came at different odd times and always left a card for me to pick up my parcel. Now that stopped after awhile when I started my TF craze and had many orders from overseas and locally as well. The same postman then came every morning from 7.30am to 8.15am (the time I'm getting ready for work, so I'm home which is good) to deliver the parcels and it was so frequent that he eventually came know us, we chatted and he even became "good pals" with my dog.

When I first moved to Melbourne, I was quite paranoid because iceburn told me that the postman at his place simply just left parcels outside the doorstep of people's houses and it wasn't safe. And it was true during the first few weeks when I just moved! Even signature required parcels were left hidden under the sun shade outside the house where my partner would discover it in the evening.

Now that has since stopped though because one morning the postman actually came between 7.30am to 8.00am and I smiled and chatted to him about us working and how it's good that parcel's are delivered at this time and since then, things have gotten back to the same when I was in Gippsland. The postman would come in the mornings when we're home to deliver the parcels.

Local or overseas, the post office seemed to "put aside" parcels for the same address and the postman delivers them at that same time (I got 3 parcels together on Monday morning), at least for me I guess cause that has been happening for a few weeks and this new postman has also become friends with my dog. I'm actually glad that I don't have to worry about parcels being left outside my house or having to go to the post office to collect them So I'm just wondering if you guys get the same service?

Comments, complains and the service by the postman and post offices at your place welcome to be shared.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

I talk to my postie who delivers the packages but they still come at odd times as there are 2 or 3 different people that do my area. The people down the post office know who I am now and at least I don't need to show I.D to the regulars as I have picked up that many parcels from them.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I get parcels delivered at any time that suits me, or that I demand during the week, even weekends.
    ________
    Dodge Magnum
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 10:22 AM.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

All my things are carded coz I live in a high rise with tiny mail boxes.

The lovely ladies at the post office know and love me. Especially that Indian girl, Rishika. Dont trust the other post office though as it's a privately owned franchise and the postage I know I'm always getting ripped off on when I send out coz it's exorbitant relative to other post office charges.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Back in the day when I used to get my TFs shipped to home, the postie would bring 'em round between 11 & 1.

After the ex threatened to destroy the next package that showed up, I now use a Post Office Box .

In the past, Packages have been delivered to my P.O. Box from 9 til 4:30. The wide variation in delivery times does occasionally p#ss me off but if I'm expecting a package, I normally check it at about 1pm. Nine out of ten times the package is there...

I got mine delivered to my work address

i also get most of my items delivered to my workplace now due to bad posties...
    the ones that get sent to my home will either be registered (requiring signature) or too BIG and BULKY to carry all the way home from the city.

Since my local Post office is privately owned it's a real over-charging crudhole.

Parcels arrive at random times, and the postie changes more or less weekly. Used to have an awesome Samoan guy, huge fella, the van he drove actually lowered by 5 or so inches when he get back into the van, but he was really nice and would hide parcels in the safest driest corner of the veranda and leave a handwritten note and slide it under the door.

Now all the contractors seem to just lob the parcel at the front door (packages almost always end up in the garden) from the van as they drive by.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I recently moved and so far the postal service in my area seems pretty good. If I got a parcel, I would always get a card telling me to collect it at the post office.

The postal service in the area I used to live in was not very good - often I'd find letters meant for someone else (totally different street number, different street address!). Back then I used to write notes telling the postman/woman to check that they are posting to the right mailbox. I used to stick these notes outside near the fence, and would always word my notes politely.

However, I would always find them torn up the next morning. Not sure if it's because the postal service people have ego problems.

I use a PO box, just don't trust parcel contractors. My first PO, they were really nice and knew me by name. I had to change when their opening hours changed. The new PO is a CBD one, so it's far less personal because of the traffic volume, but at least one of the PO box attendants knows me by name (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister