Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Metrotitan

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    This part alone is so elegant and interesting. Loving it, look forward to seeing more.

After a couple of mis-steps using a new product (new to me that is), I've managed to get some nice results using Alclad II Chrome. I've used it to spruce up my Fansproject not-Insecticons (pics as soon as the paint cures), but here's what I did for Metrotitan's face...

DSC_0695 by M-bot2011

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

It blows my mind the colors that come out of it on plastic Awesome job!

That came out great!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    It blows my mind the colors that come out of it on plastic Awesome job!
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    That came out great!
    Took 2 attempts to get it right. Really happy with the results though. I think I've got the Alclad chrome down pat now.

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms

Wow! You are doing an awesome job M-bot. This is going to look great.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    After a couple of mis-steps using a new product (new to me that is), I've managed to get some nice results using Alclad II Chrome. I've used it to spruce up my Fansproject not-Insecticons (pics as soon as the paint cures), but here's what I did for Metrotitan's face...
    I've been planning to use Alclad II Chrome for my Iron Man faceplate. How is it?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I've been planning to use Alclad II Chrome for my Iron Man faceplate. How is it?
    It's tricky stuff. I reckon I've used a $14 bottle just learning. The keys are a perfect high gloss black base coat - needs to be perfectly smooth and as shiny as you can get it. If it's not perfect, every little blemish will show up when the Alclad goes on. I was able to get the whole chrome layer done in one go, with several thin passes, at a very particular distance from the piece. I've got a dual action airbrush, and found the chrome layer goes on best when fed through the air brush in small amounts (ie, not pulling back on the trigger too far).

And you definitely need really good airbrush cleaner fluid, cos that stuff gets well and truly gummed up in the air brush when it dries.

Worth keeping in mind that you'll go through a bit of the stuff depending on how big the item you're painting is. The bottles are only small.

There's a pretty good tutorial that I looked at, I think it was on procustomizers.com, but I'll have to check and get back to you with a URL.

yeha that right you got to get that gloss black just right.... and glossy !!
    it great stuff..!.. but you got to be carful of the clear coat ok ! some of them turn the chrome to dull silver ....

Yeah so whats the best clear coat to use for that. Still have not found one that works as good as I would like