Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

The trailer was after the credits, which they sometimes do when it gives away something from the cliffhanger. (or they are doing it with every episode this season, as it used to be before the credits)
    I didn't see anything in the trailer to spoil how it happened. (I might have missed it though... but I'm not going to rewatch the trailer to find out. )

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The trailer was after the credits, which they sometimes do when it gives away something from the cliffhanger. (or they are doing it with every episode this season, as it used to be before the credits)
    I didn't see anything in the trailer to spoil how it happened. (I might have missed it though... but I'm not going to rewatch the trailer to find out. )
    Nah last weeks episode had the trailer before the credits. They might only put it after the credits if the episode ends in a cliffhanger
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Latest episode was so boring. Why am I still watching this show

And now for my thoughts of the latest episode (be warned, spoilers)

In contrast to the previous episodes of the season, this is one of the 2 episodes not to be a 2-parter (with next weeks episode also not being a 2-parter), but despite this, the episode still ends with a bit of a cliffhanger. What were those sandmen? Will we ever see them again? What is up with the twist ending and what do you mean this wasn't real?
    I am a little bit confused as to what the monsters are, but hopefully we'll learn latter in the series.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

I found this week's episode to be rather daft. The basic premise was just too much for me to suspend disbelief. I actually quite liked the recent two-parter about the Zygons, even if the allegory was rather forced. The Goodwin box ending was pretty awesome IMHO. But yeah, this week's episode felt like a massive let down after that.

I think the only logical way to explain the plot would be...
    Pulvis ex oculī! "Dust in the eyes"

You know what I feel is missing from this season? I major sub-plot connecting the episodes.

Like there isn't a big bad of the season pulling the strings. They are just a bunch of individual stories that just happen for some reason.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

According to a theory there is a subplot but it's pretty spoilery so I'm just waiting to see how it plays out.

This weeks ep was weird though and breaking the pattern of two parters was an odd choice I do wonder if it will turn out, somehow, to be a part one after next week's episode after all.

I do not miss the over arcing sub plot thing. Nope, don't miss it. At least, not an overt arcing sub plot.

Considering most of the stories this season has loose ends, there is certainly material to fall back on in the climax at the end of the season.
    We have the immortal girl, the sandmen, the Zygons, Missy, and the ghosts in the Faraday cage.... all still floating around in the background somewhere, and all feeling unresolved.

Only three episodes left of the season, and the last two are supposed to be a 2-parter... so whatever they do it had better make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    We have the immortal girl, the sandmen, the Zygons, Missy, and the ghosts in the Faraday cage.... all still floating around in the background somewhere, and all feeling unresolved.
    Ashildr is back for the next two weeks, this will also be time to say goodbye to Jenna!
    (Although she's been a LOT less annoying this season)

There's also something from the first two episodes which, if I read the synopses correctly, should tie into the final two episodes.